LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been really good santa, this is what I want for christmas!
06-30-2012, 11:16 PM,
purplecapricorn Offline

Threads: 2
I've been really good santa, this is what I want for christmas!
if you could have any animal without money or circumstances being an issue, what would it be?

This beautiful black boa from VPI is at the top of my wish list!
[img][Image: Boa_BlackF_061312_928o.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: Boa_BlackF_061312_909o.jpg][/img]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM,
Thor Online
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: I've been really good santa, this is what I want for christmas!
That snake looks totally awesome!
How big is it really? I can't tell from the photo without anything for comparison.

By the way, you only need [img]direct photo address link[/img] to show a photo. Smile You must have had [img][img]link[/img][/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 04:20 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
GORGEOUS!!! Now I'll be very curious to see if "santa" brings you your heart's desire this Christmas! You'll have to be very, very careful to remain a good girl for the next, umm, almost SIX MONTHS! Good luck, purplecapricorn!!! I'm rooting for you! :-)

If I could have any animal, I think I'd like to have any of the big cats. I'd actually want a rescue place with many acres of land to house them in nice habitat cages like I saw at a place in Florida, Big Cat Rescue. I'd enjoy something like that!
07-08-2012, 01:00 PM,
leelawd Offline

Threads: 3
oh my.. that looks amazing to say the least.

im not too fond of snakes myself but i love the colour and effect that it has on it.
would love to know how big it is really Tongue are you able to get a comparison from somewhere?
07-09-2012, 02:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM by purplecapricorn.)
purplecapricorn Offline

It its an awesome looking snake! But unfortunately its not even for sale and if it was "santa" would have to sell his organs on the black market or something to afford it!

we have actually looked into going to the big cat rescue place since its not that far from us, but its really expensive for the four of us to go. Plus its only a limited time on saturdays to bring kids. And if you bring kids you have to sign a waiver that they are not responsible if anything happens! So for now we've settled for busch gardens! One of these days I would like to go. On another note tho, dave and I would love to get a savannah cat! Preferably an F1 or F2. Smile

And the snake in the pic is 2 years old now. Its a regular red tail boa, so probably about 3 feet or so I would guess. They have no idea what made her turn black. Her baby pics she's got the regular red tail pattern although she is darker then her siblings. They are trying to breed her to see what happens. It will be interesting to see what they get!

This is a more attainable "wish" and something Dave has always wanted, we just need to get the class 3 permit for one.
[Image: IMG_20120703_195236.jpg]
07-10-2012, 05:49 AM,
laurasav Offline

I didn't realize snakes could be so incredibly expensive. Well, maybe someday you'll luck out and get that black boa! WITHOUT santa having to sell his organs or do anything you wouldn't want him to! :-)

I do hope you can go to that Big Cat Rescue place one day. You'll love it! It was really interesting and so informative. We'd like to go back someday, maybe for one of the night feeding tours.

One of my husband's customers has a pair of Savannahs. I posted a photo of him & 1 of the cats on my FB page. I'd love to have one too, but I'm afraid of the damage they could do to my home full of artwork!

Is that a skunk you want??? My hubby has often said he'd like to have a pet skunk! I want a raccoon! :-)
07-11-2012, 01:56 AM,
Fishbone Offline

I don't think the Barkers would sell that boa for all the money in the world. Hopefully she'll breed and that appearance will prove out to be inheritable. But I will have a skunk! They're just to damn cute!

Big cat rescue is awesome. They have very restrictive policies with children though, last I checked they only allow children on saturday morning, which is exceptionally inconvenient for me.
07-11-2012, 04:51 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
Very beautiful snake!

I've answered a similar question on this board, but my choice of animals, regardless of cost or circumstance, would be:

Elephant

Wild African Donkey

Monkey

Hamster

Tiger

Pig
07-12-2012, 12:01 AM,
laurasav Offline

Ohhh, hey, I didn't understand that this snake is an extreme rarity. I just thought it was like the Rolls Royce of snakes or something. So it actually is not a snake that you can readily have, even if you're filthy rich - they're just that rare? Pretty cool that these people have her - and I do hope she breeds and her little ones carry that gorgeous coloring into subesequent generations! Then I hope one little snake slithers out of their house & makes its way over to your house to stay, all for FREE! :-)

There's an extremely rare white serval we saw at Big Cat Rescue. It was interesting to hear about him and how much people have been willing to pay for him, but BCR will not sell him for any money. I looked up his info: http://bigcatrescue.org/2011/frosty

I hope you get your skunk SOON! Then you'll have to keep posting all about it so we can see & hear what it's like to have a pet skunk! :-)
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM,
purplecapricorn Offline

Andrew I'd love to be able to help you out with the hamster part but my daughter wouldn't appreciate my generosity.. lol...

And Laura that cat sounds cool. We definitely are going to have to check that place out!
I'm hoping the skunk will be next years project. I'm curious to see how the three cats will react to it. I think it will be some pretty funny stories!
12-13-2012, 01:24 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
I am quite happy with my two dachshunds. But I would like to find loving and caring homes for all the unwanted and abandon cats and dogs. I know there are lonely people who need and want a pet but can't or don't know how to get one. So, to match up unwanted pets with lonely and caring people - that would be my Santa wish.
12-13-2012, 03:23 AM,
dhrynio Offline

Threads: 5
As far as dogs go I have always wanted an Australian Cattle Dog. And because I can never decide which I like better I will take one red and one blue!
[Image: AustralianCattleDog.jpg]

If we are talking about snakes then I will take another rainbow boa constrictor. My brother and I had them yeas ago and I would love another one.
[Image: rainbow-1.jpg]

But what I really want are farm animals. I have goals to one day to be self sustainable and I really want chicken and goats, bunnies too maybe!
I covet my neighbor's Polish Cresteds! Aren't they just fabulous!
[Image: P1030024.jpg]

And goats! I love goats!! How could you not? They love to headbutt, will eat your shirt and can clean up your leftovers like there is no tomorrow! And look at those faces!!
[Image: Jan-May2010342.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to take good care of heeler pets Howard simth 8 3,742 06-25-2022, 05:45 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Looking for good dog gps trackers adamsNancy 0 1,450 07-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Last Post: adamsNancy
  Do you buy your pets Christmas presents? cyberpuppet 20 7,004 03-05-2016, 04:19 PM
Last Post: remnant
Music Do you buy Christmas gifts for your pets? Ram 12 4,458 06-06-2013, 12:00 AM
Last Post: Babble64
  Pets and Christmas Molly 1 1,922 12-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Last Post: jenb128
Thumbs Down Pet Charities: Is your money supporting a good cause? Not in the case of the RSPCA. Mantis 2 2,699 05-25-2012, 02:14 AM
Last Post: The CatDog