LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just want to rave about our Furminator brush!!
12-09-2012, 07:15 AM,
dhrynio Offline

Threads: 5
Just want to rave about our Furminator brush!!
This thing is amazing!! It gets so much hair off my dog!! She sheds like crazy, all the time, all year round. It piles up in the corners of the house within two days. I vacuum every second day only because of her. But as long as I brush her every other day I can go 4 days without vacumming.

Have you used one? Love it? Hate it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Just want to rave about our Furminator brush!!
It doesn't help when you don't show the actual product. Smile

We have no idea what you are talking about.

There are plenty of "Furminator brush" out there.

Are you talking about this brush ?

Or
this one ?

Or
that one ?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2012, 02:18 AM,
JaimieSkye Offline

Threads: 10
I didn't realize there were different furminator brushes. We have one with a black handle and the brush part has yellow on it. It's kind of like the rake one in the third link. We love that thing! When we first got our dog from a rescue in May, he needed some serious grooming. We all took turns brushing him before we gave him his first bath. We got a pile of fur out that was as big as he was. He's a Border Collie/Chow mix, about 50 pounds. I couldn't believe he had that much hair sitting on him. It would have seriously filled up a full Kirby vacuum bag. We now brush about once a week and get a good sized handful out. I used to vacuum every day, but I vacuum every other now.
12-11-2012, 07:24 AM,
dhrynio Offline

Threads: 5
Ha ha! Sorry about that. I also did not realize that there were so many choices! None of those actually. Our is like JamieSkye described. It is this one. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FSN0A4

They also make one with an auto retractor so it pops off the hair for you, sometimes I wish we had that one, but the basic is fine for our good dog who sits quite still when we brush her.
12-11-2012, 03:28 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
(12-11-2012, 02:18 AM)JaimieSkye Wrote: I didn't realize there were different furminator brushes. We have one with a black handle and the brush part has yellow on it. It's kind of like the rake one in the third link. We love that thing! When we first got our dog from a rescue in May, he needed some serious grooming. We all took turns brushing him before we gave him his first bath. We got a pile of fur out that was as big as he was. He's a Border Collie/Chow mix, about 50 pounds. I couldn't believe he had that much hair sitting on him. It would have seriously filled up a full Kirby vacuum bag. We now brush about once a week and get a good sized handful out. I used to vacuum every day, but I vacuum every other now.

We need one of those but I couldn't find one in our locality. My dog's shedding drives me crazy at times too. They usually shed off when I use the metal brush but there's always so much even after doing a thorough brushing.

This reminds me of a story a friend mine told us. She was over concerned that her schnauzer may be putting some weight on. Fortunately, this dog was due for a grooming visit. When they came to pick her up, they were surprised of how much hair was removed from her that they felt sorry for judging her figure when in fact it was just all those fur.
12-12-2012, 02:06 AM,
JaimieSkye Offline

Threads: 10
Now that we know there are so many choices of Furminator brushes, is there one that seems to work better than others? I have a border collie/chow mix. He has short hair except his tail. Would one of the other ones work better than the rake style we have?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog brush Conall 3 3,510 02-26-2014, 02:44 PM
Last Post: dodgenose
  How often do you brush your dogs? nick87 3 2,325 09-26-2012, 04:51 AM
Last Post: andrew320