LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mice?
09-04-2013, 02:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2013, 02:23 PM by A0130.)
A0130 Offline

Threads: 10
Mice?
Does anyone here own mice? I'm thinking of getting maybe just one little small mouse for my own. I hear they are very friendly if you find the right one, and very easy to care for.

I want a mouse because I want a pet I can just... leave be. I have a bird and a dog. A bird requires an incredible amount of care, love and attention. Their cage needs cleaning, fresh food (including vegetables that he refuses to eat...) and water sometimes multiple times a day, and lots of time together. A dog requires walks, lots of food and water, grooming, and all that stuff. I love both of them very much but some days I'm worn out between needy sqwaks and the whines of a begging dog.

Do mice require any maintenance? Are they friendly when you do interact with them? What kind of supplies do they need?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 03:55 AM,
Treeca86 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Mice?
Mice are as easy as rats. Like any pet, if you socialize with it, it will be friendly. I've had mice and rats. I do like rats better though. Bigger and easier to handle than a mouse if you want to hold it. My favourite has been my hairless rat, Saggy, had her about 4-5 years before she passed of cancer. Mice and rats are easy to feed, guinea pig/gerbil food, Saggy liked dry cat food once in awhile, too, they will eat anything, raw vegetables as a snack once or twice a week, and salt blocks to lick and chew. Change water bottle everyday. Wooden toys, Saggy loved toilet paper rolls to rip and make bedding. Fill bottom of cage with shredded newspaper, and cedar shavings and change once a week.
Good luck! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply