LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mr. Attitude throws a temper tantrum!
07-25-2012, 05:47 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
Mr. Attitude throws a temper tantrum!
So I have an iguana named Scar and I call him Sir or Mister. So today I ran out of greens Icon_eek and was headed to the grocery store. I figured in the meantime I would give Mr. Scar some mixed veggies to hold him over. He has his own room and his own dog dish (don't tell him it's a dog dish!!! Cool). When I returned to make his breakfast I walked into this....

[Image: PhotoJul2423150PM.jpg]

Do you think he was a bit peeved with me???? Dodgy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2012, 05:30 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Mr. Attitude throws a temper tantrum!
I would say so. Tongue

At least he didn't poop in the bowl... Undecided
07-26-2012, 05:44 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

No, I don't think so. I think he may be trying to find out whether he could plant those veggies and maybe not have to wait for you to feed him. Alternatively that could have happened when he chased after the mouse raiding his food dish.
07-26-2012, 11:04 PM,
pugskjj Offline

LOL Victor...more like the Chihuahua raiding his food dish...

And amazingly...he only poops on the puppy pads that I have placed around his room, I am shocked that since I added them he doesn't poop on his favorite roost or on the floor! He is one amazingly resourceful and smart iggy so it is possible he was trying to plant them!
07-27-2012, 06:40 AM,
laurasav Offline

LOL - too funny! And I'm amazed that your iguana is so potty trained as to use those puppy pads! Wow, that's impressive to me! I don't know much about reptiles though, but I figured they just do their business anywhere at anytime - kind of like a bird. I had a friend once who had an iguana. I didn't go to her house often though because her mom was a nightmare weirdo woman! I just remember seeing the iguana chilling out in the livingroom on top of the curtain rod once. I asked Beth about it, but she didn't seem too interested in talking about it. Maybe the iguana was actually her brother's, come to think of it.
So do you ever take the iguana out and about with you? Have you ever tried feeding him veggies like that before? What does he usually eat, besides the greens you didn't have for him that day?
07-27-2012, 09:46 PM,
pugskjj Offline

Actually he eats those veggies every day LOL They are usually mixed in with his greens. He gets a really nice salad of fruits, veggies and greens and I have actually taken some for myself. I didn't think you could potty train lizards either but it just happened and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues!!

I have not taken him out with me yet, he is due for a trip to the pet store though, because I mostly travel by scooter thanks to high gas prices and I haven't found a helmet small enough LOL
07-28-2012, 02:50 AM,
laurasav Offline

He gets a really nice diet! You are very dedicated to make up all that food for him daily! I'm so bad with my parrots. They're supposed to get fresh fruit and veggies daily too, but I get lazy too often & just feed them the pellets and the seed/dried food mixtures most often. Bad - I know!!! Blush
Anyway, that must be why he scattered the veggies all over - he was looking for his greens amongst them! LOL! Big Grin
Hahaha - I can just see your iggy riding along with his little helmet on your scooter someday! You could make one out of some bottle caps maybe? Rofl
07-28-2012, 03:51 AM,
Victor Leigh Offline

(07-27-2012, 09:46 PM)pugskjj Wrote: Actually he eats those veggies every day LOL They are usually mixed in with his greens. He gets a really nice salad of fruits, veggies and greens and I have actually taken some for myself. I didn't think you could potty train lizards either but it just happened and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it continues!!

I have not taken him out with me yet, he is due for a trip to the pet store though, because I mostly travel by scooter thanks to high gas prices and I haven't found a helmet small enough LOL

A helmet small enough? You mean for the iguana?

I have never had any iguanas before but my student used to have one and she said it was the perfect pet. She would place her iguana on top of the cupboard before she went for classes. When she came back in the afternoon, her iguana would still be there on top of the cupboard. She did take her pet out when she went riding on her motorcycle. It just sat there on her shoulder with the tail draped down her back.
07-28-2012, 06:42 AM,
pugskjj Offline

LOL yea a helmet for the ignuana...they make them for dogs! I do agree that he is the perfect pet he hardly gets in any trouble and just lays around chilling all day. I would have loved to seen her iguana on a motorcycle!