Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My pet/s made me smile today because...
06-14-2015, 05:25 AM,
SquirrelWhisperer Offline
Registered

Threads: 2
My pet/s made me smile today because...
I thought that it might be fun to create a topic where we can share the little things that our pets do that make us smile!

I'll get the ball rolling! My cat made me smile today because she started to chase her tail in excitement before I gave her milk. Smile It was adorable to see her so happy over the simple things in life.
(If anyone is wondering- I give my cats lactose free milk as a treat, which is better value than the branded "cat" milk, but essentially the same thing!)

So, what has your pet done today that made you smile?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2015, 11:21 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
RE: My pet/s made me smile today because...
Today I have a very bad headache. It is easing now, thankfully, but it was very bad earlier to the point of dizziness and light sensitivity. My hyper young pups usually don't care how I feel, they wanna play! But today, was a different story. They must have sensed how bad it was. They were very quiet around me and when I laid down on the couch with a heating pad and a pillow over my face, one laid at my feet and the other snuggled up beside me. When I looked out from under my pillow, they were staring at me with the most concerned faces! It cracked me up to see their little faces so scrunched with worry!
06-15-2015, 12:07 AM,
thegrey Offline

Threads: 4
Our older cat has been very sick, and I didn't know if he would make it. We started him on an antibiotic yesterday, and today he started eating his food again, and he even smacked at one of our younger, "annoying" kitties! I was so happy to see him beginning to behave normally again!
06-15-2015, 09:27 AM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
My pets made me smile today because my daughter is having a really rough time teething - she's super fussy and having bouts of crying...it's not easy! The only thing that seems to cheer her up and take away her focus on the pain are our dog and cat. They're both so loving and affectionate towards her - any time she cries they come on over to see what's up.

Her face absolutely lights up when she sees them, and it really makes me proud that I have such caring pets. I know that probably sounds silly to some people, but they are both so gentle and patient with her -- when I first became a parent I was a little worried about how they would take to a new addition to the household, especially since so much of our time was devoted to the baby. But they've been brilliant and I love that they take some of the stress off me by being so entertaining for her.

I'm so thankful for them and they definitely make me smile because they're such good "big brothers" to her!
06-18-2015, 02:33 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
(06-15-2015, 09:27 AM)Shihtzufan Wrote: My pets made me smile today because my daughter is having a really rough time teething - she's super fussy and having bouts of crying...it's not easy! The only thing that seems to cheer her up and take away her focus on the pain are our dog and cat. They're both so loving and affectionate towards her - any time she cries they come on over to see what's up.

Her face absolutely lights up when she sees them, and it really makes me proud that I have such caring pets. I know that probably sounds silly to some people, but they are both so gentle and patient with her -- when I first became a parent I was a little worried about how they would take to a new addition to the household, especially since so much of our time was devoted to the baby. But they've been brilliant and I love that they take some of the stress off me by being so entertaining for her.

I'm so thankful for them and they definitely make me smile because they're such good "big brothers" to her!

That is so sweet! It's always a big worry about how it's going to go but it sounds like it worked out perfect for your family!

@thegrey how is your kitty doing now? Still good?
06-18-2015, 11:27 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
We have been having very hot weather this week, over 95 today, and supposed to stay in the 90's for at least most of the next week. It seemed like it might be a good idea to get a little kiddie pool for Chipper and Tootsie to cool down in when they are outside on the hot days.
Usually, they are inside during the heat of the day, but they follow me when i go out in the yard; so we got a small pool, about 6' across and 1' deep, which is fine for both of them to swim in. Chipper is only about six lbs, and Tootsie is just over ten lbs, so neither one is very large.
We set the pool up and filled it with water, and then put the dogs in to try it out. Neither one was sure that they wanted to go in the water, and they were both giving us these really cute little looks like they were wondring what was going on.
They both had a nice little swim and then sat in the shade to dry off while I was swimming around in our little intex pool.
Both dogs seemed like they felt better after the swim; so I will be putting them in their little pool on hot days for the rest of the summer.
12-08-2015, 10:21 AM,
PatriciaSilva Offline

Threads: 0
It's raining today and Pinki always refuses to go out for a walk when it rains! Sometimes i really have to make him, i must grab him in my arms and walk him half of the way like that, so he gets used to the weather! Today, when i opened the door and asked him "Don't you want to go for a walk today?" , he looked at me, shaked his tail, looked to the open door and grumbled... I put him the leach and started to pull him towards the door. I had to laugh! It looked like he was skiing!!! Of couse, i had to take him in my arms... but that made me laugh!
03-06-2016, 04:13 PM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
My pet is a small puppy. He is very pesky and feisty. For some reason, he is usually very cheerful in the evenings. He seems to be celebrating the end of the day just like we celebrate the end of the year. This morning, I was entering into the living room when I closed the door before me when I heard a soft bang. I checked only to see his blunt snout trying to probe the door open. When I came out of the house, he was all over my legs gently biting on my trousers and trying to reach my hands. When the funny tickling feeling became unbearable, I gently pushed him off.
03-15-2016, 07:37 AM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
I arrived home from work and the usual welcome I get from my dogs relieves me from fatigue and stress. Tisoy and Pipoy are incessantly barking with their tails wagging while Barbie, our white pekingese, just sat there in the sofa and waiting for me to cuddle her. She would look at me and then look afar as if telling me that she is ignoring me.

Everyone was laughing at Barbie's antics.
04-06-2016, 06:03 AM,
remnant Offline

Threads: 72
We have a new kid in the block in the form of a bubbly baby dog. Today evening, he was all over my legs playfully biting my legs with his sharp teeth. The tingling sensation was pleasantly unbearable and I was forced to stand on one leg. I had to disengage from him by throwing a piece of meat for a distance. He chased the piece of meat and I got a chance to get into the house.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Therapy For Your Mental Health Hales 4 1,246 12-02-2023, 08:21 PM
Last Post: kaming
  I made friends with a wild field mouse wattophotos 0 359 06-25-2022, 11:43 PM
Last Post: wattophotos
  Does your pet eat veggies ? Happyflowerlady 19 8,015 06-25-2022, 05:50 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Can your pet open doors? HK86 30 11,061 06-25-2022, 05:41 AM
Last Post: feezi
  Do you care about your pet more than you love other humans? Shihtzufan 14 5,624 10-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Albana
  Is eating grass normal or abnormal for your pet ?? Happyflowerlady 30 11,579 02-19-2021, 05:17 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Is it cruel to make your pet wear clothes? Melody_Of_Rain 52 37,165 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
  Are you a pet owner or a pet parent? maxen57 7 3,441 11-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Matt Robinson
  Spurned by a pet remnant 6 3,481 01-14-2018, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Gemma23426
  General Pet Forum Rules Thor 0 11,974 11-21-2017, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Pet Store Business Greed FISHERMAN 0 1,719 09-02-2017, 09:36 AM
Last Post: FISHERMAN
  Feeding habits and pet interaction remnant 2 2,200 08-23-2016, 12:41 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  Strange things your pet is attracted to TreeClimber 32 13,436 08-05-2016, 05:11 AM
Last Post: kfander
  pet relocation parulverman 1 2,079 07-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Last Post: sonamjain
  Do you detox your pet? remnant 2 2,174 06-30-2016, 02:28 AM
Last Post: Novelangel