LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neighbors not feeding their cat, may be moving.
07-06-2015, 01:28 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
Neighbors not feeding their cat, may be moving.
Well, it is starting to look like we will become a "cat family", even though we had not planned on this event.
The neighbor's white cat has been spending more and more time in our yard, and also looking very thin and hungry. So, I started putting out some food for him.
We know their landlord, and he said he may have to evict the neighbors because they are several months behind on their rent.
We have not seen them at home much; but they do still seem to be living there, at least off and on.
If they are actually moving, they may take the cat along at some point, but right now, it looks more like they are not concerned about him at all, or they would at least be feeding him better.
He is not fond of the dog food I have been giving him, although he does seem to eat it.
I guess I will buy him some cat food when I go to the grocery store today, because it looks like he might be looking for a new home soon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2015, 05:47 PM,
Shihtzufan Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Neighbors not feeding their cat, may be moving.
Firstly I have to say thank you so much for what you're doing for that cat.
The fact that its' owners seemed to have basically stopped caring for it makes me awfully sad - but I'm glad that you've taken it upon yourself to ensure the cat is fed and taken care of.

Despite the fact that you weren't planning on being a cat household, I can assure you they're wonderful to have as part of your family! Our cat brings us so much happiness and gets along well with our dog too - they're really like best friends, as crazy as that may sound.

Please keep us updated on how the cat is doing - I'd love to hear more good news, hopefully!
07-08-2015, 03:11 AM,
SarahWorksAtHome Offline

Threads: 8
This breaks my heart on one hand but makes it smile to know there are wonderful people like you looking out for these neglected furbabies!

I would agree that it seems they've forgotten about their little furry family member and neglected her recently. If that's the case, they are more than likely NOT going to be scooping her up and taking that sweet thing with them when they either move or finally get evicted. So, yeah, if you're up to it, getting some kitty food and opening your arms to this feline might be in the cards. I'm sure you'll make a great family for her considering how much it seems you care already.

Congrats? LOL
07-09-2015, 12:35 AM,
DancingLady Offline

Threads: 13
That is so sad. I almost ended up with a cat due to similar circumstances. A neighbor had moved out and abandoned their cat, a sweet calico mix that was talkative, but just loved anyone who would love her and wanted to hang out on my lap all the time. I ended up taking care of her for a little while, but I was doing it under the radar basically because the property management company said no pets in any of their apartments, so obviously this cat had been kept illegally in the first place. I only let her in when I was home, then one day she didn't show up again. I am hoping in her roamings while I was not home she found someone who was able to take her in and be a better person for her than I was able to be. I would have loved to have her, but her personality and my schedule weren't exactly a great fit. She would have been perfect for a retired person.

I hope things work out for this cat, whether that's with you or the neighbors. This cat seems to be an outdoor cat, or is accustomed to spending quite a bit of time outdoors, so that's a good things for you if you become the new owner as the cat will likely enjoy being on its own for many hours of the day, not demanding large amounts of attention from you. Good for you to see that the cay eats right now while the neighbors aren't paying attention.
07-25-2015, 08:49 AM,
Susan Offline

Threads: 0
You are a wonderful person with a beautiful, caring heart. Kitty is lucky to have found such nice neighbors. He deserves a forever home like the one you are providing for him now. I got my cat, Merle, because the neighbour who lived downstairs from us decided one day that she didn't want him anymore and just thew him out the window to fend for himself. Poor little guy. We took him in and have him the forever he was in desperate need of. I will never understood people who get pets and then don't take care of them. They just don't seem to get attached to them. It is very sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raw Feeding Cats helaofthenorns 8 4,127 05-31-2022, 08:05 PM
Last Post: Gibbto
  Post photos and videos of your cat(s) here! Thor 47 28,086 05-31-2022, 07:39 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  What breed of cat is good around children maxen57 9 5,341 05-19-2022, 06:00 PM
Last Post: KaithJ
  Does your cat shed hair excessively? footballtim 11 8,674 06-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: hwillson
  Does your cat talk to you? Does it respond to its name? NicholasWatson 2 1,262 02-19-2021, 09:24 PM
Last Post: AdrianLewis
  What interesting things has your cat destroyed kfander 19 11,603 02-19-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Interesting Cat Scratching posts Shihtzufan 3 2,930 02-19-2021, 08:41 PM
  Does your cat respond when you call their name? BobCat 31 22,896 02-19-2021, 05:36 PM
  Does your cat sleep in bed with you? niightwind 15 10,405 02-19-2021, 05:24 PM
  Brushing a Cat kfander 8 5,295 02-19-2021, 05:23 PM
  How Many Times a Day Do You Feed Your Cat and What Brand? Bloomsie 11 7,341 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Last Post: EmmaWilliam
Question Water Fountain vs. Water Dish for cat? mariposa 24 31,405 09-16-2020, 12:32 AM
Last Post: HarryDavidson701L3
  DIY Cat Litter ACSAPA 4 6,822 10-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Loro
  Cat Longevity kfander 2 4,523 08-27-2016, 01:53 AM
Last Post: rz3300
  My cat is overweight krystianna 9 6,543 08-26-2016, 11:28 PM
Last Post: Tom1