LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Member :)
05-26-2012, 02:26 AM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
New Member :)
hello everyone, my name is amanda, manda for short, i am an experienced chameleon keeper and have had them for quite some time. i have experience with all sorts of species but am currently working on a jackson's chameleon breeding project. i have a stud and 2 females, one of which is pregnant. im looking into breeding a couple different reptiles, i will soon be acquiring a pair of leopard geckos and possibly some crested geckos. id love to get into snakes, but sadly i still live with my parents until i graduate college, but then will get into snakes Wink green tree pythons are my ultimate favorite. i used to have a horse but i recently sold her due to lack of time with schooling and my job. i also have a cat, he's nothing special, just a fuzzy cat that likes to sleep on my face and drink out of the toilet. and i also have a dog, guinea pig, betta fish, and koi fish, lol.

this is my jackson's chameleon stud:
[Image: catching_some_rays_by_skater4life509-d4zmkhr.jpg]

this is what used to be my horse:
[Image: my_sweet_lady_by_skater4life509-d48q9s6.png]

and here is my guinea pig:
[Image: miss_piggy_by_skater4life509-d32fxor.jpg]

will post pictures of the dog and cat later :p
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2012, 02:43 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: New Member :)
I REALLY don't say this much, but that guinea pig is cute Wink At least the pose he is in is. Looks like you have the beginnings of a small zoo too Smile

I agree with you on the chondros, they really are just awesome snakes. I need to get some new pictures up of my Aru x Biak cross, s/he is really starting to colour up.

Welcome again! Welcome
05-26-2012, 02:48 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(05-26-2012, 02:43 AM)Fishbone Wrote: I REALLY don't say this much, but that guinea pig is cute Wink At least the pose he is in is. Looks like you have the beginnings of a small zoo too Smile

I agree with you on the chondros, they really are just awesome snakes. I need to get some new pictures up of my Aru x Biak cross, s/he is really starting to colour up.

Welcome again! Welcome

lol indeed i do Smile my family is animal oriented. as lame as it sounds, im actually going to business college so ill have the knowledge to start my own reptile store XD id love to do mostly in store breeding and the most minimal importing as possible.
05-26-2012, 03:04 AM,
Fishbone Offline

I'm actually considering something similar in a few yearsSmile You can completely avoid the importing for the most part, as in out of country. to supplement the animals you breed yourself, just get to know any other people breeding who aren't to far from the store, and take in some of their offspring. It's win-win, you get healthy C.B. babies to sell, and they will have a better outlet to sell their babies to someone who will hopefully care for them than just putting them up on KS or Fauna.

And the leos are easy to breed. I had never kept geckos, I bought two 40 gal breeders on a stand from a guy on craigslist, he had the three leos in one of them and didn't want them any more, so I took them and figured I'd find someone who was into geckos and give them to them. Well, they are really cute. And now I have three very healthy leos, and eggs and baby geckos everywhere. It is by far the most minimal effort breeding project I have ever undertaken.
05-26-2012, 04:14 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Hi amanda, welcome to the forum. WelcomeWelcome

Another small zoo keeper for our new community. Big Grin

Very cool lizard, beautiful horse, and cute guinea pig you have there.

Look forward to see more. Thumbsup

Any chance you keep fish too? Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-27-2012, 02:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-27-2012, 02:50 AM by amanda509.)
amanda509 Offline

(05-26-2012, 03:04 AM)Fishbone Wrote: I'm actually considering something similar in a few yearsSmile You can completely avoid the importing for the most part, as in out of country. to supplement the animals you breed yourself, just get to know any other people breeding who aren't to far from the store, and take in some of their offspring. It's win-win, you get healthy C.B. babies to sell, and they will have a better outlet to sell their babies to someone who will hopefully care for them than just putting them up on KS or Fauna.

And the leos are easy to breed. I had never kept geckos, I bought two 40 gal breeders on a stand from a guy on craigslist, he had the three leos in one of them and didn't want them any more, so I took them and figured I'd find someone who was into geckos and give them to them. Well, they are really cute. And now I have three very healthy leos, and eggs and baby geckos everywhere. It is by far the most minimal effort breeding project I have ever undertaken.

yea, i really hope i get to that point some day Smile and im super excited to get my leos too!

(05-26-2012, 04:14 AM)Ram8349 Wrote: Hi amanda, welcome to the forum. WelcomeWelcome

Another small zoo keeper for our new community. Big Grin

Very cool lizard, beautiful horse, and cute guinea pig you have there.

Look forward to see more. Thumbsup

Any chance you keep fish too? Big Grin

i have kept fish in the past, both freshwater and saltwater Smile all i have now are a betta and pond koi :p
05-27-2012, 03:47 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Then you are still counted as a fish keeper. Big Grin

I always wanted to keep a betta. Never had a spared tank for it. I am trying not to get more tanks as I already have plenty. Wink

Do you have a pond for the koi?
05-27-2012, 02:18 PM,
Mantis Offline

Threads: 23
Hey, it's nice to see you here, and your pets! It's very cool that you owned a horse. I love the chameleon. They've always fascinated me.
My favourite colour is green, my favourite number is 19.
05-29-2012, 08:47 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(05-27-2012, 03:47 AM)Admin Wrote: Then you are still counted as a fish keeper. Big Grin

I always wanted to keep a betta. Never had a spared tank for it. I am trying not to get more tanks as I already have plenty. Wink

Do you have a pond for the koi?

bettas dont take up much room :p and yep, have a nice little pond, will be expanding it next year so the koi can get bigger Big Grin will post some pics when i have time. used to have a green frog in there too, but the neighborhood cat got him Sad he used to eat worms by hand...
05-30-2012, 03:58 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
(05-29-2012, 08:47 PM)amanda509 Wrote: bettas dont take up much room :p and yep, have a nice little pond, will be expanding it next year so the koi can get bigger Big Grin will post some pics when i have time. used to have a green frog in there too, but the neighborhood cat got him Sad he used to eat worms by hand...

I know. A 5 gallon would be enough for a betta. But hey, I am trying not to "have more tanks than friends". Icon_eek A quote I heard from a funny fish video on Youtube about cichlids.
05-30-2012, 07:21 AM,
Fishbone Offline

(05-30-2012, 03:58 AM)Admin Wrote: I know. A 5 gallon would be enough for a betta. But hey, I am trying not to "have more tanks than friends". Icon_eek A quote I heard from a funny fish video on Youtube about cichlids.

Wow, I thought it was only the herp people that talked like that Big Grin
05-31-2012, 12:07 AM,
amanda509 Offline

heres some old pictures of my dog and cat Smile

first up, mr. em
he is now 9 years old, i am his favorite person, my boyfriend is his second, he likes to tease the dog when he is in his crate, he likes to play outside at night and will leave headless moles on my porch :p

[Image: see__i_can_be_cute_too_by_skater4life509.jpg]

[Image: my_eyes_glow_in_the_dark_by_skater4life509.jpg]

second up, stewart
he is 6 years old, a springer spaniel/poodle cross, he is a bit of a cranky guy at times, but can be fun. normally he is shaved, but these are old pictures.

[Image: see__i_can_be_just_like_you_by_skater4life509.jpg]

[Image: give_me_the_cookie__please_by_skater4life509.jpg]
05-31-2012, 02:14 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
You have tons of pets.
How do you keep peace amongst them? Tongue I can picture the cat bothering the lizard and guinea pig sometimes.
05-31-2012, 02:18 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(05-31-2012, 02:14 AM)Ram8349 Wrote: You have tons of pets.
How do you keep peace amongst them? Tongue I can picture the cat bothering the lizard and guinea pig sometimes.

lol the cham doesnt move fast enough for his interest, and when he's too sissy to do anything harmful to the pig. sometimes he'll sneak up on her and bop her on the head with his paw, but she just looks at him :p now the dog and cat, thats a different story >.> the cat drinks from the dog's bowl of water, and the dog always supervises to make sure the cat doesnt eat his food, but as soon as he is done, he's chased around the house... -.-
05-31-2012, 07:22 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
Wow, Amanda. I am late, and I'm sorry. But you seem to live in a house I've always wanted to...full of animals! Except you're probably missing the tiger, chimpanzee and dolphin from my list. Wink

You have such beautiful animals! I am sorry to hear about your horse too, it really hurts when you have to give some animals away, and I certainly know the loss of a beloved equine.

It's wonderful to have you here. Welcome!
05-31-2012, 05:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2012, 05:39 PM by Karenskatz.)
Karenskatz Offline

Threads: 10
VERY handsom cat!!! Oh, and the dog's cute too. Welcome to the forum!
05-31-2012, 11:02 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(05-31-2012, 07:22 AM)OriJas Wrote: Wow, Amanda. I am late, and I'm sorry. But you seem to live in a house I've always wanted to...full of animals! Except you're probably missing the tiger, chimpanzee and dolphin from my list. Wink

You have such beautiful animals! I am sorry to hear about your horse too, it really hurts when you have to give some animals away, and I certainly know the loss of a beloved equine.

It's wonderful to have you here. Welcome!

(05-31-2012, 05:39 PM)Karenskatz Wrote: VERY handsom cat!!! Oh, and the dog's cute too. Welcome to the forum!

thanks for the warm welcomes! Smile
06-01-2012, 05:14 AM,
ArmyOfDreams Offline

Threads: 9
Hey your pets are good looking folks! Thumbsup

Chameleons are pretty sweet, whenever I'm at the pet store and they have any Jacksons in stock I have to stand and stare for like ten minutes... Clap It's awesome that you breed them!

But anyways, glad you are here to share your various pet knowledges with us Welcome