LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Over Vaccination
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Over Vaccination
Has anybody heard of the term "Wombo Combo"?

Quote:Schwartz took Moolah for her annual rabies vaccine in 1999. The dog had also received what is known as the “Wombo Combo” in previous years, which included a triple vaccination for parvo, distemper and rabies

Read more

The dog named Moolah was learned to have an auto-immune disease due to the vaccinations given to her and she died last December 1999.

Do you pay attention to your dog's vaccination schedule?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 01:24 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Over Vaccination
This is an interesting bit of information, but since we are not finding out that even being free of all germs isn't good for humans maybe dogs also need certain things introduced to them in order to survive. As for vaccinations, I do make sure my dogs are vaccinated for Parvo. We nearly lost one of our dogs to this illness, but fortunately he survived to leave to a ripe old age. Well, old for a dog, he lived to be sixteen, which is a good life span for a dog. The other vaccines I have to admit we are don't keep track of. I don't know if this a bad thing, or a good thing after reading you information.
10-12-2012, 01:01 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
RE: Over Vaccination
(10-11-2012, 01:24 AM)pafjlh Wrote: This is an interesting bit of information, but since we are not finding out that even being free of all germs isn't good for humans maybe dogs also need certain things introduced to them in order to survive. As for vaccinations, I do make sure my dogs are vaccinated for Parvo. We nearly lost one of our dogs to this illness, but fortunately he survived to leave to a ripe old age. Well, old for a dog, he lived to be sixteen, which is a good life span for a dog. The other vaccines I have to admit we are don't keep track of. I don't know if this a bad thing, or a good thing after reading you information.

Wow, your dog is lucky. Ours wasn't. The picture in my avatar was actually the reason why I started reading and educating myself about dogs. His name was Shark and we cried for a week when we lost him.

The vet never considered it as Parvo but we were sure it was because our other dog also died of it. They were together when that dog died. After a couple of weeks, Shark followed her. The moment we saw him being lethargic, we immediately brought him to the animal hospital. We mentioned how the other dog died with Parvo but the vet dismissed this and treated for Poisoning. He then assured us that Shark was going to live.

The stupid vet was wrong. Shark died the next day and they had to guts to call us saying that he just collapsed, died and was now placed in a carton box. They also asked if they were to take charge in getting rid of the body.Mad