LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PETA is Insane
05-09-2014, 07:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-09-2014, 07:49 AM by KittyReeves.)
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
Exclamation  PETA is Insane
PETA is filled with crazy people.

They've killed thousands of animals that have passed through their doors.

Documents show PETA killed nearly 2,000 shelter animals in 2013

PETA 'killed more than 95 per cent of adoptable dogs and cats in its care last year' shocking new report says

Shocking Photos: PETA's Secret Slaughter of Kittens, Puppies
(If seeing dead animals upsets you, please don't read this particular article.)

They pull insane and wildly inappropriate stunts.

PETA Terrifies Children With 'Unhappy Meals'

PETA protests Westminster dog show (Klan hoods and all)

Naked 'Dead Victims' Of Bird Flu Bring Message To Dublin

And they've made just plain ridiculous demands of people.

Pop group Pet Shop Boys have revealed they have turned down a request by animal rights group Peta to rename themselves the Rescue Shelter Boys.

PETA wants Ben & Jerry's ice cream to use breast milk

Here's some articles with a summarized version of some of their other insane stunts.

5 (More) Utterly Outrageous PETA Stunts

Top 10 Insane P.E.T.A Publicity Stunts

Oh for PETA’s Sake: 7 (More) Crazy Stunts

When Good Causes Go Wrong: 7 Utterly Outrageous PETA Stunts

So basically, can people stop supporting PETA? It's filled with insane people, and honestly should be disbanded forever. Mad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2014, 10:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 10:58 AM by Bloomsie.)
Bloomsie Offline

Threads: 23
RE: PETA is Insane
I don't support nor am I against PETA. But I do think that this organization still needs to be active and prospering. The reason being is that if you have one side, you need to have that other side to balance things out. So for example, a Democrat often needs it's Republican to understand it's side of the argument. PETA is a perfect example to argue against or for in terms of the opposite party.

Something I've learned is that when you're sacrificing yourself to do better for someone else, other things must be let go. Perhaps they were focusing on one particular project and didn't realize that that project destroyed shelter homes in the long-run. But overall saved the wildlife somewhere in USA. There's pros and cons.

But I mean, come on. You know that if PETA closes down, another PETA-like organization will come forth and perhaps be a bit more crazier. Plus, PETA has some good and strange arguments that makes my day.

Quote:PETA wants Ben & Jerry's ice cream to use breast milk

^ You don't see this everyday.
05-13-2014, 01:14 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: PETA is Insane
From what I have seen of peta, they are not truly trying to help animals in most of their agenda. Of course, we can agree with them when they are against the horrendous treatment that animals raised for food go through both in being raised, as well as when they are butchered and processed at the slaughter houses.

However, some of the things they do are really not in the best interest of any kind of animals.
Wanting to buy a mansion and make it into some kind of a museum is a perfect example of this. You know that only a small part would actually become a museum (if any of it ), and the rest would be used for the peta executives as a retreat resort, or something similar.
Many animals and no-kill shelters could be funded with the money it would take to buy and maintain this mansion and the grounds properly, not to mention the cost of hosting lavish parties for executives or fundraisers there.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has PETA gone overboard on this one?? Happyflowerlady 1 1,934 05-09-2014, 07:26 AM
Last Post: KittyReeves
  PETA Wants The Juice's House teamrose 12 4,905 04-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady