Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box
08-30-2012, 02:16 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box
Have you seen this CatGenie 120 Self-Washing Self-Flushing Cat Box ?

Ok, it is the first time I come cross something like that. A cat version of toilet. It can self-clean, self-flush. Save you trouble for manually clean the litter box.

Do you think it's worth the money?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2012, 05:21 AM,
andrew320 Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Self-clean, self-flush cat litter box
Wow! What a litter box. My fiancee and I really don't mind cleaning the liitterbox. We just hate spending money on litter. This is indeed a great invention, but my question is: will it save you money on buying litter? If it does, then I will buy it for our two boys this Christmas!
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2012, 06:08 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
That looks good. In fact it looks like a great way to spend a lot of money. Assuming that the main reason to have a litter box is to make the cat's business less of a hassle to clean up after, then there are lots of more effective ways of doing it without spending that much money.

For a start, any tray that two to three inches deep would be fine. Make sure the tray is big enough for your cat to get in it without one end or the other sticking out. You can even make your own tray. If you have an big, empty lubrication oil container, you can cut it open one side and it would make a good litter tray.
09-01-2012, 09:43 AM,
Jessi Offline

Threads: 3
I have seen them before, but I don't know that they're worth the money. Is it really that hard to just scoop it yourself every now and then, ya know? Then again, if you really hate doing it and you can afford the self-flushing ones, then so be it, I guess.
09-01-2012, 01:47 PM,
Victor Leigh Offline

Threads: 19
Very true. I suppose for some people, a couple of hundred dollars is just loose change. Of course, I would like everyone to buy one, if I am the manufacturer. If not for anything, at least to show everyone else how much they care for their cats.
02-28-2013, 04:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-28-2013, 04:58 AM by ACSAPA.)
ACSAPA Offline

Threads: 17
One of the members said in another thread that she's considering a self-flush litter box because she's pregnant. I wonder if these automatic litter boxes are better for pregnant women as far as preventing toxiplasmosis. (I think that's how you spell it.) As a healthy, non-pregnant woman, I don't mind cleaning the litter box frequently. But I wonder if these self-flush litter boxes have any value for preventing illness in pregnant women. In that situation, it might be worth a couple of hundred dollars to stay healthy.

(08-31-2012, 05:21 AM)andrew320 Wrote: Wow! What a litter box. My fiancee and I really don't mind cleaning the liitterbox. We just hate spending money on litter. This is indeed a great invention, but my question is: will it save you money on buying litter? If it does, then I will buy it for our two boys this Christmas!

The self-flushing litter box uses water to flush and wash the litter granules and electricity to blow dry the litter at the end. I think whatever money you saved on buying litter would be wasted on the additional electricity and water used to make this litter box work several times a day.
I would only buy something like this if I was independently wealthy and didn't have to worry too much about utility bills.
02-28-2013, 10:42 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
This one I have seen ads for it, but from past experience with self-cleaning litter boxes, I have generally shy away from such products.

A lady I once worked for purchased a self-cleaning litter box. At first it seemed like a good deal, to her anyways, I thought it was a bit expensive and took up more room.

It had a senser in it so after a cat got in to go potty, and left, a bar rake would scrape through the kitty litter and rake out the clumps and move them into a box at the end of the pan.

She soon learned it did not work well with the clumping type kitty litter, as the waste got to heavy for the bar rake to push it down the pan and so poo would get pushed and stuck, on the lower corners of the pan and not go in the collection box.

She switched to the non-clumping kitty litter the bar rake got gunked up with poo, and the urine collected in the bottom of the pan and was missed by the bar rake.

The box at the end of the pan, had a flapper door that lifted when the bar rake brought the waste down the pan and the hinges broke off of it, leaving an open smelly collection box.

The expensive litter box lasted about two months before the motor burned out from getting stuck on a few kitty poo piles.

So, she uses it like a regular kitty litter pan and scoops it out, herself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user