Poll: PetSmart vs Petco
PetSmart
Petco
Both are the same to me.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PetSmart vs Petco
09-01-2012, 10:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 10:47 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
PetSmart vs Petco
Just between the two of them, PetSmart or Petco?

Both are large chain stores known by most people with thousands of stores all over the place or at least in the U.S.
Both carry tens thousands pet products from various brands.
Both also have web sites selling pet products online with on sale events/coupon codes quite often.

From the points of price, product selection, customer service, etc. Which one is better in your opinion? Why?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2012, 07:06 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: PetSmart vs Petco
Basically, that's like choosing whether you what to see animals decapitated, or burned at the stake. Story ram, but I do everything in my power to steer people away from both companies. In my opinion, spending money at either is almost equivalent to funding non-humanitarian animal abuse. So my option is 3, neither.
Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 08:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 08:25 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Sorry Fishbone, I know chain stores are usually terrible at taking care of their animals, and I have been avoid buying live animals from them because I know they are usually weak or sick. I see nothing wrong with buying their pet supplies.

Are you boycott their pet supplies too?
By the way, you can still vote for "they are the same" since you hate them equally. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2012, 08:34 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
We have shopped at PetSmart in the past, before we moved out to a more rural area. I don't think we've ever bought anything at Petco, though we've walked through a store or two before of theirs. We did adopt our current DSH cat from PetSmart about 6 years ago. He came from a private no-kill shelter though, and they just happened to be using PetSmart to showcase their kittens. I'd never buy an animal from a chain store's stock now that I'm older & wiser! We shop at a local Pet Supplies Plus for our cat food and litter now.
Find all posts by this user