LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preventing Happy Tail
04-30-2015, 11:18 AM,
dashboardc33 Offline

Threads: 10
Preventing Happy Tail
My dog had really bad happy tail about 2 years ago. It was so bad that she had cut open her tail and it was bleeding for quite some time. I couldn't believe how long it took to heal. At one point we almost had to amputate her tail because it was not healing after months. We tried everything from wrapping it, to placing a cone on her head so she wouldn't bite at it and we even got her a muzzle, which she kept taking off. She finally found a basket muzzle and was able to wrap it long enough for her to keep it bandaged so it could stop bleeding. That was a nightmare to deal with though and I never wish that on anyone. I'm wondering if there is anyway to actually prevent happy tail from happening? She has a wicked tail that is constantly wagging and smacking against everything. I thought by now she'd calm down, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Any suggestions?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chipper is happy again ! ! Happyflowerlady 2 1,784 08-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  I'm not Happy with My Vet haopee 12 4,305 08-20-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: nonsiccus
  Tail Chasing haopee 5 2,255 10-03-2012, 03:11 AM
Last Post: pafjlh
  Cosmetic Tail Docking and Ear Cropping haopee 6 2,665 09-18-2012, 12:48 AM
Last Post: ACSAPA