LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show off your freshwater tanks!
02-21-2012, 03:37 PM,
Thor Online
Administrator

Threads: 111
Thumbs Up  Show off your freshwater tanks!
Post photos and/or videos of your freshwater aquarium(s) here!

Please post in the following format

1. Photos and/or videos of your aquarium (Must have it)
2. Tank size
3. How long have you had this aquarium
4. fish species in there
5. Other equipments - filters, heaters, etc.
6. Water conditioner
7. Fish food you use

8. More photos and videos if you wish to share.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-21-2012, 04:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-16-2012, 09:44 PM by Thor.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Show off your freshwater tanks!
1. Video
Cardina Tetra spawning in a community tank caught on video

2. Tank size - 40 gallon SeaClear acrylic tank black background.

3. Years running the aquarium - Almost 2 years

4. Fish list -
Black Phantom Tetra,
Harlequin Rasbora,
Cardinal Tetra,
German Blue Ram cichlid,
Otocinclus Catfish,
Peppered Corydoras Catfish,
HiFin Platy,
Dwarf Gourami,

5. equipments
Filter - EHEIM Classic 2213 canister filter
Heater - Rena SmartHeater 50w
Air pump - Rena air pump
Lights - AquaticLife T5HO 36" Freshwater dual light fixture 2x 39W turned on for 11 hours per day on automatic timer.
Substrate - Eco-Complete Plant Substrate.

6. Water Conditioner - Prime.

7. Fish food -
Stamp food:
New Life Spectrum pellets. (0.5mm)
Omega One flakes.
Hikari algae Wafer.
Hikari micro wafer.

Treats -
Hikari frozen bloodworm.
Hikari frozen krill.
freeze dried spirulina brine shrimp.
Hikari Freeze Dried Daphnia.

Supplement -
VitaChem.
Garlic Guard.

Other supplies -
Plant fertilizer - Flourish Tabs.

8. More videos of my aquariums
Cardinal Tetra courtship

German Blue Ram defending nest

Two female German Blue Ram fighting each other

Dwarf Gourami spawning at a bubble nest.

The video of the male Dwarf Gourami attempting to build a bubble nest with my plants and his own bubbles

Here is a 10 gallon using Sponge Filter. My home bred female Dwarf Gourami would spit water at me every time I open the top of the tank.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2012, 03:15 AM,
Karen May Jones Offline

Threads: 7
Wow, that big fat fish in the first video ate up all the eggs except one. You said pay attention, and I was looking for the eggs, then I saw the gold colored fish eat them!! Love you videos.
Love my baby sweet peas BigTiny and Valentina <3
Find all posts by this user
06-04-2013, 01:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013, 01:17 AM by Celeste.)
Celeste Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
1. 10 gal no background yet. (my betta didn't like the first one.) and a half gallon (it was my first one)
2. about 3 months now for the 10 gal, about a year and a half or so for the other.
3. 2 betta (the other betta is in a separate tank,), 2 Neon tetras, 1 Otocinclus, 1 ghost shrimp.
4. 2 heaters (one is for my half gallon), filter, thermometer, Ph alert, Ammonia alert, ornements (bridge cave and some really pretty plants...>,< for the ten gallon, cant fit much in the half gal.) I just got a gravel vacuum, woot!
5. bettasafe
6. betta/tetramin and some sort of betta flakes. I also have blood worms ^_^
7. I don't have any videos of my tank unfortunately I don't have a video camera. T_T but I can tell you about my fish ^_^

The first fish I got was my blue male betta, Takuto, I had him in the half gallon for about a year and three months or so, till I got the 10 gal. I did a lot of research on what goes well with bettas and found that my second favorite fish was one of them, the neon tetra. I got two of them to start out, just to make sure they worked well with Takuto and found that he didn't really care. My neons are both male, their names are Hiruko and Yuna. I found that the bottom of the tank was getting gross and found the perfect shrimp for the job, my ghost shrimp.. his name is Shrimp.. (I know totally original right? pfft.) after a while I found that I was getting some algae in my tank, I had thought that ghost shrimp ate algae, apparently they do, but not very much, so I researched some fish I could get and kept finding plecos. (I did not want a pleco cause they grow to like 6" to a foot long) then I went to the store to see what they had to say, and found Oto, my Otocinclus who is now my algae eater.

You're probably wondering "she said she had two bettas, what about the other?" Well I'll tell you, I found that my half gallon was not being used and I had all the stuff for it so, I bought Athena my Female betta (she's very veeeery pretty, she's got purple, blue, red and silver not to mention her scales have a striped pattern to them which is super cool) anyway she's now in my half gallon, since I've taken care of Takuto in that tank for a year or more, I figured I'd have no problem taking care of her in the same tank he'd been in. so those are my fish, and if I find anything wrong with my tanks you can be sure I'll ask. (just try not to bite my head of when I do, I've had to many people do that when I ask questions)
07-24-2014, 01:01 PM,
Lorraine Smith Offline

Threads: 1
My two beautiful betta

Thor

[Image: TxkqRX.jpg]

Nitro
[Image: pWaMP5.jpg]

I've had Thor for one year and Nitro for 2 years. They both have their own 5 gal Hex 5 tank with filtration, and heater. They don't like much water movement so this filtration system works great because it has a gentle flow. I also have a sponge on the intake part of the filter so it won't harm their fins if they decide to rest against it. I think my tanks are cycled, through trial and error. I always use API Stress Coat and API Quick Start when doing my weekly partial water changes.
I have a moss ball in each tank plus silk plants. I find that Betta's love to hang in plants close to the surface for resting places. Thor has a bridge he sleeps under and Nitro has a ceramic log he goes in at night.
I never turn the aquarium light on because they don't like it very much. Just natural sun light coming in the room, which is plenty because I live in Florida!
Their food is from Hikari~ Pellet Food
Snacks are Frozen thawed Bloodworms and frozen thawed Brine Shrimp maybe twice a week.
03-23-2015, 07:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2015, 07:40 AM by svbriggs.)
svbriggs Offline

Threads: 2
Wow! Beautiful planted tank and amazing fish. Great job on video, too. Really inspires me to rethink adding live plants to my tank. I've just got to get through cycling first! Someday.....

Still setting up my tank with help of this forum's members. I will upload a video when all is up and running and my betta Kenji is in his new home. I would love to see some betta tanks. Anyone?
06-04-2016, 04:52 PM,
delta678 Offline

My tank, 20 gal; fishless cycle for 8 weeks; No fish yet; Filter = Fluval C3 Filter + Fluval Extension Tube + PVC custom extension tube; Light = Finnex Planted+ 24/7; Thermometer = HDE LCD Digital Thermometer; Heater= generic; Water conditioner = Seachem Prime; Not using fish food for now

[Image: hyru9MV.jpg]
[Image: RpfLRKp.jpg]
[Image: uIRLNKA.jpg]
06-23-2016, 06:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2016, 06:54 AM by delta678.)
delta678 Offline

Same tank with fish - 20 gal; fishless cycle for 8 weeks; 10 weeks total time; 6 Sterbai corys + 10 Cardinal tetras + 1 Red Flame dwarf gourami; Filter = Fluval C3 Filter; Light = Finnex Planted+ 24/7; Thermometer = generic; Heater= generic; Water conditioner = Seachem Prime;
Fish food = New Life Spectrum Small Fish Formula .5mm Sinking Pellet Fish Food + Hikari Usa Inc AHK21328 tropical Algae Wafer 8.8-Ounce

02-13-2017, 05:52 PM,
Soapstone Offline

Threads: 2

08-28-2017, 12:00 PM,
FISHERMAN Offline
Registered

Fish less cycling presently on day three of many more days to go. I prefer the industrial ammonia myself. 20 gallon fish tank. White LED lighting. Preset heater 78. Filter 20 gallon. 3 Ornaments with hide holes. One air stone. One Thermometer. As mentioned in my new member introduction am learning the hobby again so I chose to start low and even built my own stand from lumber. For safety reasons the stand can hold two times the total weight of the tank setup. Total invested maybe $150 Thank You

[Image: poKtZlVKj][Image: KtZlVK.jpg][Image: FRXq7s.jpg]
04-05-2022, 02:26 PM,
marvint738 Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Check our tanks and tropical fishes here.

Uncle Sam's Discus
US Tropical Fish
US Discus

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cycling 20gal freshwater tank justintime 2 3,768 01-01-2015, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Thor
  Freshwater Shrimp for Aquarium Thor 8 22,529 09-14-2013, 06:16 AM
Last Post: ohiotom76
  Saltwater and Freshwater Tank Owners- Cost Estimate? lanna 1 2,883 08-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Ram
Star Freshwater Aquarium Beginner Guides Thor 0 5,795 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM
  Looking for some advice on moving tanks Fishbone 7 6,880 04-20-2012, 09:08 AM
  Show off your saltwater aquarium(s) here! Thor 0 3,550 02-21-2012, 03:38 PM