LoginRegister

Poll: Would you sue Walmart for millions if you were the victim of the snake bite?
Yes!
Nope.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snake Attack in the Walmart - Man bitten by rattlesnake
05-15-2012, 07:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-15-2012, 08:45 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Exclamation  Snake Attack in the Walmart - Man bitten by rattlesnake
Next time you go to Walmart, watch out for "sticks".
Mica Craig, 47, was rushed to hospital after he was bitten by a rattlesnake in the Walmart. Eek

Quote:"I reached down to grab the stick to move it out of the way, and the snake stretched out, turned around and got its fangs in my right hand," he said. "I slung it off and I did a tap dance on it until it was dead."

He was treated with six bags of anti-venom after his right hand swelled to the size of a melon, where he said he remained in excruciating pain and may lose feeling in two fingers.

According to snake experts, rattlesnakes usually only bite in defensive manner which it is in this case. Half the bites from rattlesnakes are 'dry bites' which the snake does not inject any venom, not the case here.

[Image: 131835428.jpg]

A Walmart spokeswoman offered an apology to Craig and said the retailer was looking into how the incident could have happened at the store in Clarkston, in eastern Washington.

"At this point, it appears to be an isolated incident. We are working with a pest management team, which is conducting a sweep of the property to ensure there is no additional rattlesnake activity," Walmart spokeswoman Kayla Whaling said.

Just watch this guy sue Walmart for millions. He could have lost his life.

Source article:
Man bitten by rattlesnake in the Walmart
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2012, 07:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 07:28 AM by Fishbone.)
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: Snake Attack in the Walmart - Man bitten by rattlesnake
I will just admit that, yes, I am defending the snake.

The outdoor gardening section is completely accessible to the outside in most walmarts. Basically, you should look where you put your hands, and look at what you are grabbing. Yes, I wandered around in the woods as a kid, and still do now, but this should be some type of common sense. I mean, unless you have vision problems, it shouldn't be that hard to tell the difference between a snake and a stick sitting on a bag of mulch, right?

And just to add, he was buying the mulch to use on his marijuana Big Grin I find that amusing. Though I doubt that had anything to do with why he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing... [Image: l_9e70b5a7a4d24be2b427d8f0186ec693.gif]

Not trying to be judgmental, I am far from a saint. I'm just saying paying attention may not be a bad idea...
Find all posts by this user
05-16-2012, 06:27 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-16-2012, 06:28 PM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Fishbone is always on the side of reptiles instead of Homo sapiens. Big Grin

The outdoor garden section of the Walmart in my town has closed glass wall, because we live in an area where we get 6~7 months of snow each year.

It is funny you also noticed that part. Many people who commented on the news in the link also said he was too stoned to realize it wasn't a stick. Some even said the snake was getting high lol.

Anyway, I'd be surprised to see a venom snake in the Walmart. It was a life threatening experience.

The dude killed the snake immediately in retaliation for the defensive bite. I could imagine he was like "OMG, YOU BIT ME! I'LL KILL YOU!".
05-16-2012, 06:56 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I would be stunned to see any snake in a walmart, much less a venomous one. But, my point was, I would've SEEN it before grabbing at it. But of course, I've always found looking and paying attention to what I am doing to be advantageous.

And I am not always on the side of reptiles over people. But, I am always on the side of reptiles over stupid people, yes.
05-17-2012, 03:21 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Rattlesnake does have a weird looking tail section. Rolleyes
06-30-2012, 11:37 PM,
purplecapricorn Offline

Threads: 2
Lol.. Just saw this thread,
All I have to say is "karma's a b****!"
Walmart is a Huge supporter of the rattlesnake roundups, the biggest one being in Sweetwater Texas. This event is a "family festival" that celebrates the torturing of these animals. Thousands of snakes are tortured and left to die long agonizing deaths each year. I'm not saying I want a rattlesnake as a pet but these cruel treatment of any animal makes me sick.
So walmart, what goes around comes around...
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Now you mention it, purplecapricorn. I wasn't aware of Walmart's support for rattlesnake roundup.

Maybe it was someone who hated Walmart's rattlesnake roundup policy trying to ruin Walmart on purpose? To scare their customers away by sneak a rattlesnake into the store?
12-17-2012, 09:09 PM,
SereneScales Offline

Threads: 2
(05-16-2012, 07:22 AM)Fishbone Wrote: I will just admit that, yes, I am defending the snake.

The outdoor gardening section is completely accessible to the outside in most walmarts. Basically, you should look where you put your hands, and look at what you are grabbing. Yes, I wandered around in the woods as a kid, and still do now, but this should be some type of common sense. I mean, unless you have vision problems, it shouldn't be that hard to tell the difference between a snake and a stick sitting on a bag of mulch, right?

And just to add, he was buying the mulch to use on his marijuana Big Grin I find that amusing. Though I doubt that had anything to do with why he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing... [Image: l_9e70b5a7a4d24be2b427d8f0186ec693.gif]

Not trying to be judgmental, I am far from a saint. I'm just saying paying attention may not be a bad idea...

I'm on this side of the fence, I'm sorry for necrobumping but why is it everytime someones bitten by a snake it's an attack? Serves the idiot right