LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texas Firefighters Taking it Up a Notch in Saving Lives
10-10-2012, 12:30 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
Texas Firefighters Taking it Up a Notch in Saving Lives
Quote:Leah was found in the home's bathroom and taken outside, unresponsive, where rescuers began to administer oxygen using a specialized mask.
"We have dog- and cat-rescue masks," Seeton said. "Oftentimes, we get them on and pets start perking right up."

Source

It's good to hear that Firefighters have also invested on equipment to save our furry friends in times like this. They're not only in the business for saving human lives but also pet lives as well.

Unfortunately, the house cat Leah was with didn't make it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2012, 01:26 AM,
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Texas Firefighters Taking it Up a Notch in Saving Lives
Yes, I have heard about the fact that fire fighters were starting to use specialized equipment to help save pets. I think this is a great idea, apparently they saw the need to do so knowing that people love their pets as much as they do their children. So its important to save the pets life as well. I'm just sorry to hear that they were unable to save the cat that they found in this house.
10-11-2012, 11:53 AM,
sandooch Offline

Threads: 9
That is so cool! I had no idea that firefighters had masks like these for dogs and cats. That is so awesome. It always touches my heart reading stories like this were a person would rist their lives to save an animal. More people should be this way. Too bad that the little kitty didn't make it though.
10-11-2012, 05:17 PM,
TreeClimber Offline

Threads: 37
I saw this on the news! I think those who work in these fields have great empathy for those they serve. If you've lost everything in a fire, knowing your beloved pet has made it through may be the only little bit of light and hope you have to grasp onto. I think it's wonderful that they have the special oxygen masks and systems just for the pets.

This reminds me of a couple stories on the local news in the last couple of years where people have performed the Heimlich maneuver on dogs that were choking. It shows how much our pets have worked their ways into our lives.
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
(10-11-2012, 05:17 PM)TreeClimber Wrote: I saw this on the news! I think those who work in these fields have great empathy for those they serve. If you've lost everything in a fire, knowing your beloved pet has made it through may be the only little bit of light and hope you have to grasp onto. I think it's wonderful that they have the special oxygen masks and systems just for the pets.

This reminds me of a couple stories on the local news in the last couple of years where people have performed the Heimlich maneuver on dogs that were choking. It shows how much our pets have worked their ways into our lives.

I know what you mean. A friend of mine mentioned of another friend who was quite famous in the blogging world who had their house burned down. She lost 3 (or was it 5) or her pitbulls and they were devastated. Her world crumbled and she wasn't able to blog for such a long time because of the hurt and the frustration. She felt like a bad mother. This just shows that the loss of a pet in our lives can feel like we've lost someone dear and special to us.
12-19-2012, 05:13 AM,
Molly Offline

Threads: 4
There are so many stories of dogs and even cats who have saved people's lives. Cats who have woken up owners when their house filled with smoke. Dogs who have stayed by their owners when their owners were ill or injured. So, to be able to give back and take care of our pets in an emergency is indeed heart-warming.

I could handle losing my 'stuff' - my possessions. But to lose my dogs in a house fire or any other emergency would just break my heart. Thanks for posting about these Texas Firefighters. It is a very touching story.