Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2012 Doomsday had passed!
12-22-2012, 11:59 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
The 2012 Doomsday had passed!
It was said the world might end on December 21st, 2012, because of the 5,125-year-long cycle of the Mayan calender ended that day.

Now it has passed, obviously nothing had happened. Clap

There was even a TV documentary shows about it on History channel a while back.

Either way, I only took it as a "might" scenario but never seriously consider it is a real possibility. Some people in fact were really believed it and they were preparing for it. I heard in Europe, someone built a bunker under his house and stockpiled a lot of food. Big Grin It was also in the news about over 1,000 people were arrested in China for spreading "doomsday".

Had any of you actually was preparing for the doomsday? What did you do or what you might have done if it was a yes? Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2012, 12:17 PM,
SweetBeast Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The 2012 Doomsday had passed!
I never gave it much any thought at all. Generally speaking, those that believe in this, also believed Y2K would sink our world! And they also believed in the other times it was predicted that our world would end. And sadly, most of the same people believe in Pyramid scams, chain letters that are broken, crop circles are caused by aliens, & the list goes on & on!

As you pointed out, where people were storing up food, etc., I can also recall, now almost 13 years ago, people doing the same, with respect to the ridiculous Y2K threat; withdrawing all their money from the banks, trying to get extra scripts filled of their medications, even writing goodbye letters to family & friends.

There are also a lot of conspiracy theorists that can't wait for the next thing to come along. Many believe Neil Armstrong & crew, were actually on a Hollywood back lot, not on the moon! , they believe there is no climate problems via the Ozone layer!

Oh well, to each their own, right!
Find all posts by this user
12-24-2012, 02:01 PM,
MrsRobinson Offline

Threads: 0
RE: The 2012 Doomsday had passed!
The title of this thread intrigued me and so I just had to stop in. I love Doomsday theories. They are as old as man has been on this planet; in fact I heard that the world was supposed to end in the year 1000 and people were preparing for the end even back then. If it happens, it happens I say and bring on the zombies!
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best movies in 2012? Ram 8 4,152 07-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Ram