LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
02-19-2013, 01:05 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013, 01:06 PM by 4sweed.)
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
When I lived in Florida, two of my best friend's owned the Green-winged Macaw's.
These birds are big and beautiful, and can be mean or gentle in nature. They must be properly cared for to prevent injury to both human and bird, by means of proper cages and food, and in the ways they are moved and handled. I found the birds to be quite entertaining in nature with there ability to learn to speak words, as well as, learning their names. My friend's had several species of parrots and many spoke very clearly and often times picked up bad language from the household chatter. These birds, not unlike children, become very adapt at memorizing dirty words and using them at the most improper times.
These can be embarressing times when company comes to visit your home, or it can become quite a circus when as if on cue they all start screaming at the same time and can not be silenced. I found a website that tells about these different types of macaws and other parrots with pictures of each type of bird. Hope you enjoy visiting it. Do you have any stories to share about macaws and their speaking skills?
http://webparrots.com/green_winged_macaw.html
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2013, 05:54 AM,
AnnaU93 Offline

Threads: 7
RE: The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
Haha! My family friend's daughter used to own one of them and it was the must amusing thing to me. They would repeat everything she would say so it was almost as if an echo was present. I couldn't stop laughing as well as staring at these beauties. They are also very gorgeous and need a lot of attention as well as care. I usually am someone who photographs things I love so this bird was definitely a star for a day! (haha).
Find all posts by this user
02-20-2013, 07:41 AM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
RE: The Beautiful Green-Winged Macaw
One of the most interesting birds my friend's had was a Toucan. The colorful pattern of his feathers in an array of red and orange, blue and yellow and black was a sight to behold. with a large orange and yellow beak. i took many pictures of this bird in his cage. The bird ate mainly fruit and nuts, and I was told about the mating courtship and how the male and female, will play catch tossing fruit or nuts, back and forth to each other. The female lays 2-4 eggs. these birds are native to Central and South America, and are considered to be very loud with yelps and rattling, mews and harsh croaks. The ones my friend's raised often sang in the morning and made loud noises all day long. When the macaws started talking and the toucan started croaking it was funny and yet impossible to hear anything in their household. We had to go outside to visit. I often wondered how their neighbors liked all that noise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user