LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tummy Rubs?
05-03-2014, 02:53 AM,
KittyReeves Offline

Threads: 20
Wink  Tummy Rubs?
It's well known that most cats hate tummy rubs, and trying will result in getting bit. However, my old cat LOVES tummy rubs! You pat his side and he'll roll onto his back so you can give him tummy rubs. Then he'll start rolling from side to side and purr as loud as an out board motor!

Do your cats like tummy rubs? Do they hate tummy rubs? Do they do the weird rolling thing my cat does? Popcorn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2014, 11:25 AM,
Bloomsie Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Tummy Rubs?
My cat doesn't love tummy rubs, but he accepts them. In the past, any cat that I had rubbed, would attack. But my cat now, just stretches out and sometimes allows me to keep going, or will get up stating that he's not in the mood. Though most of the time, he's stretching. He loves to be pet on his lower stomach area than his chest area. He often rolls over and over again if you get him in the right stomach area!
06-02-2014, 10:08 AM,
wander_n_wonder Offline

Threads: 0
Oh yeah, our cats adore tummy rubs! If they seem to be in a bad mood, we would just rub their tummy for a few seconds and suddenly they would start purring. They are so content with it. Aside from rubbing their tummy, they like it even better when we touch their nipples at the same time. After a few minutes, they would end up licking our arms as a sign that they are so pleased. You would see them really relaxing so much when you do a tummy rub.
06-16-2014, 02:10 AM,
Amesii Offline

Threads: 1
It's actually a natural defense mechanism that cats have when they try and attack and bite when their stomach is touched. Don't take it personally, it's just a natural reflex. My gray cat doesn't like his belly touched and will grab my hand with his claws whenever I touched it. I used to touch it because he'd roll over on his back, but that just means he trusts me and feels comfortable. The fact that I went and touched it probably made him feel uncomfortable. My orange tabby sometimes rolls over on the floor and lays there with his belly exposed and legs open. This just means he feels very comfortable in his home. If you go and touch his belly he doesn't try and bite like my other cat but he doesn't seem to love it either.
08-04-2014, 06:54 AM,
jen_j_26 Offline

Threads: 0
I have a great big male kitty (he's actually my current avatar) who loves belly rubs. He likes to sleep stretched out on his back, belly up, and just purrs and purrs when he gets belly pets. Smile My mother always said he was like "a dog in a cat suit", though, because he doesn't act very much like a typical cat. He's the most relaxed, chill cat I've ever met. Plus he's HUGE, so he's dog-like in that respect, too!
08-09-2014, 07:50 PM,
evelynmcgregor Offline

Threads: 7
I have had over 13 cats in my lifetime and every one of them loved to have their tummy rubbed for at least a little while. When they had enough they would gently grab my hand with their front paws. When I was rubbing their tummy, they would get a look of utter contentment, lean their head back and purr.
08-20-2014, 02:04 PM,
lily_lover Offline

Threads: 4
My cat loves tummy rubs. He flops over all the time for them. So long as I pet him on the head at the same time, he's pretty happy. On the other hand, he gets pretty worked up and does the bunny kicks if I bury my face in his belly and rub hard. He also doesn't really let my Dad or younger brother do this, so I'm guessing he's pretty protective about his belly and only rolls over and shows them as a gesture of trust since as another poster said, it's a highly vulnerable spot. The more I rub his tummy, I've noticed the more tolerant he's become. I guess his trust grows with each experience.
09-02-2014, 03:24 PM,
helaofthenorns Offline

Threads: 13
For some strange reason, my cats like tummy rubs. After eating, they would just roll all over the floor. I read before that cats hate rubs, so I never really tried it. Are my cats weird for doing that? One of my cats, Chi, especially likes it more than the others. Given the chance, he would have it all the time. Sometimes he would cry loudly. I thought that he was hungry, but I realized just he wants his tummy rubbed. It's really strange, but I still find it funny.
09-29-2014, 11:23 PM,
Danyel72 Offline

Threads: 2
We have 2 cats and they are totally opposites! One cat loves to be held and cuddled and loves his tummy rubbed. Smile He will actually lay on his back when you walk by so you will pet him! Cutest thing ever! Smile

Our other cat hates it!! He acts like he may want it only to have you do it and then he kicks you with his back legs and moves away immediately!

It amazes me how cats can be sooo different!

Danyel Smile