LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well Met
02-28-2013, 11:55 PM,
Yatte Offline

Threads: 8
Well Met
My name is Yatte and I am the proud owner and keeper of a mini zoo, no let me rephrase a mini petting zoo.

In my zoo there are 14 Geese, a swarm of Quacker ducks, 6 breeds of chickens ( Sebright, Orpington, Orpington Bantam, Pekin Bantam, Australorp, Silkie and Brahma), 3 Rabbits , 2 German Shepherd Dogs (Lala and Silver), 4 Cats (Biney, Cleo, Luna and Dexter), 6 Goldfish and I have just started with Finches and Rain Quails too.

Besides my human family, my animal family are the most important thing in my life. They bring me immeasurable joy, comic relief and a sense of belong in this world. It breaks my heart when they get sick or injured and therefore I have the vet's number on speed dial.

I hope to learn a lot in this forum and help others as far as I am possible.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2013, 02:12 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Well Met
Welcome another mini zoo keeper to our forum! Smile

How do you keep that many animals at the same time? Are you living on a farm? It must take a lot of time to take care of so many pets.

I would love to see some photos of your pets if you are willing to share them with us. Wink If you have some interesting stories of your animals, please share them too!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2013, 02:45 AM,
Yatte Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Well Met
Thank you for the warm welcome Thor.

We live in a Village and the by-laws for our area falls under rural, so I am allowed to keep farm animals on my property. Our neighbour even have some Sheep and Goats, and a guy a few houses down the road has horses. I so wish I had a farm or a small holding, but we do have a big property a whole acre. I have a dam for my swimmers the size of a swimming pool. I had some exotic ducks as well but I had to sell them, for I just could not manage to get them happy, I think part of that problem is our climate, it gets very hot and bitter cold here. I do have photos of the Exotics I had and will post them with the others.

I would gladly post some photos. The goose on my avatar is one of boys, his name is Kolkop translated from the Afrikaans it means spot head, for he has a grey spot behind his head.
Find all posts by this user