LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on Sea World?
08-20-2013, 05:20 PM,
alycat32 Offline

Threads: 2
What are your thoughts on Sea World?
I thought this went best in off topic since it's not about pets, but if this is the wrong section I apologize upfront. I'm curious to know how, as animal lovers, you all feel about places like Sea World.

Let me start off by saying I've always really loved aquariums. To me, Sea World is like a dream come true. I get very seasick, so this is the only place I'd ever see a dolphin or whale withought stepping foot on a rocking boat. I could stand in front of the dolphins tank for hours, just watching.

That being said, I'm older now and have a different perception of what's really going on. I've been living in Washington state for a few years now. A state known for Orca sightings. There is an Orca network here dedicated to keeping the whales safe. After reading their posts, hearing about the protests at Sea World and the trainers dying, I'm not so sure it's as wonderful as it always seems on the surface when you watch the whale jumping show. I guess it's the same with Circuses that still use lions and elephants. They were magical growing up, but now we know better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2013, 11:26 AM,
Tribie Offline

Threads: 5
RE: What are your thoughts on Sea World?
The problems is these placces are businesses and for as long as there are people who come and visit them, they will not close down. Places like Sea World are indeed wonderful places especially for kids. Places like this educate kids and make them interested in marine life. Schools here in my country even have field trips to such places. I think it is impossible to close them down. They will just probably wait out the protests. I think things should just be safer for both animals and people. The mammals who have higher intelligence should be treated better than they are being treated now.
08-31-2013, 05:24 PM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I think there is a growing movement that is focusing people on not having interaction with animals. Organizations like PETA think that all animals should have rights, and that they should be free and wild.
I think that animals should definitely be treated humanely, and that we need to make a huge change in the way animals are treated that are being raised for food.

I don't think that all animals should be returned to live in the wild, however. As long as they are treated well, many animals will live longer, and actually have a better life in captivity.
If you watch the shows about wild animals, you will notice that some of them end up as dinner, and do not die an easy death. Life in the wild is hard, whether the animal is a predator or a prey animal.
Wolves starve to death. Deer lock their antlers together, and die struggling.

Life in a zoo is easy and safe for the animal, and if they were born in a zoo, they do not miss being out in the wild in any way. I am in favor of keeping the places where people can see wild animals, and sea creatures. I think it gives us more compassion and understanding for them, as well. And it certainly give our children a lot of joy to watch them playing or swimming around.
09-26-2013, 01:17 AM,
oltltli Offline
Registered

Threads: 2
I hate it!

I hate to see any animal caged.

So sad !!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T20 World Cup 2016 Schedule nomibucha 0 1,593 03-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Last Post: nomibucha
  end of the world? amanda509 6 3,575 08-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Thor