LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am the proud mother of 6 kittens
07-23-2013, 04:16 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-23-2013, 04:18 PM by Amalia.)
Amalia Offline

Threads: 2
I am the proud mother of 6 kittens
I wanted to share this with you and advice you not to do something like this ever.
I got home from work yesterday around midnight and I heard some noises in the yard and my dogs were all agitated so I went inside, grabbed a flashlight and headed outside to investigate. Next to my garage there was a small ball of fur, scared and meowing desperately. It wasn't one of my cats but I managed to catch it and tried my best to make it relax. I was heading inside when I heard other sounds coming from the same place. I went back and I have found... wait for it... 4 more kittens!!! After about 2 hours I managed to catch all of them and I took them inside, fed them and gave them water. They were so scared, the poor little things!

The next morning when I went in the yard I found the last of them, it was hiding in the shed. I took it in and let it accommodate with his brothers and sisters who were more friendly today. I decided to keep them until they will be stronger and then put them up for adoption.

What I want to warn everybody about: when you have new kittens that you don't want, DON'T EVER DROP YOUR KITTENS OVER SOMEONE'S FENCE just because they own a lot of animals. My dogs could have killed all the kittens if we decided to let them sleep wherever they wanted in the yard for the night. If my dogs were free, I would have come home to a massacre.

I am very frustrated and furious with whoever did this, what kind of person would do such a thing?!

I am sorry, guys, just had to share this and take it off my chest.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2013, 11:12 AM,
mscuban Offline

Threads: 3
RE: I am the proud mother of 6 kittens
It obviously sounds like the work of someone who didn't want to raise more cats than they were prepared to handle. It was extremely irresponsible for that person and negligent to drop them off like that into your property. They don't know if a person has guard dog that will kill anything; and I mean anything. The person who dropped off the kittens must have believed that you were qualified to care for them so I suggest that you look for a cat that recently gave birth. Furthermore, it also sounds like it was someone who knows you so I suggest you ask your neighbors if they recently had to give away any kittens. I'm glad that you are going to be able to care for them temporarily. Kittens are easily adoptable so rest assured that they will each get a home.
07-25-2013, 09:09 AM,
Jezebella Offline

Threads: 4
RE: I am the proud mother of 6 kittens
I'm glad you're taking care of them, but that is terrible. They dropped off the mama cat as well? I wonder if maybe the cat is a stray who just found your shed and decided it was a good place for her kittens to live.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When To Feed Kittens Cat Food? dashboardc33 3 2,397 05-03-2015, 12:45 PM
Last Post: kfander
  Cats/kittens and children amy005 3 2,706 03-07-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: emilyrose93
  Get the kittens' attention Thor 4 2,887 06-20-2012, 05:37 AM
Last Post: beyre