Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a break would be nice -.-
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
a break would be nice -.-
warning: venting

well...went to the local rodeo, had a fever the whole time. had my boyfriend drive my truck home and either a rod dropped or the oil pump blew..but now my engine is toast. and on top of that, i have poison ivy all over my feet and one hand..go figure! -.- and then! i have a person on facebook who thought it would be appropriate to post their whole life story about how much their life sucks even though its nothing compared to mine on my status on facebook...which just pissed me off beyond belief. this is my last summer EVER...and its gone. i will be spending it working probably 40+ hours a week to pay for a new engine. starting in august, i go to school for 21 months straight, no summer..then right into the job force.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2012, 07:03 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: a break would be nice -.-
Unless you decide to be a teacher, then you will have plenty of vocations and free time.
My mother is a university professor, so she only has to work 16 weeks x 2 = 32 weeks out of 52 weeks per year.

Working is in fact easier than studying, especially when it is in the field of your interest. There is also no homework involved in most jobs. You should look forward to it.

Good luck! Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2012, 11:24 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(06-23-2012, 07:03 PM)Admin Wrote: Unless you decide to be a teacher, then you will have plenty of vocations and free time.
My mother is a university professor, so she only has to work 16 weeks x 2 = 32 weeks out of 52 weeks per year.

Working is in fact easier than studying, especially when it is in the field of your interest. There is also no homework involved in most jobs. You should look forward to it.

Good luck! Big Grin

well, im going into business...which isnt what i want to do...but its the only logical thing i can do. i hate being in an office, being dressed up, having meetings, and all that boring stuff :/ but nothing im good at can turn into a career..so im at a loss..
06-26-2012, 03:15 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Don't worry about it. Business isn't that bad. In fact it is one of my favorite. :p I studied business, and I want to eventually have my own business. Thinking about sit on a fancy leather chair behind a fancy desk, with a big word "BOSS" on your cup while talking to one of your employees on the other side of the desk.

Business casual isn't all that bad. No need to wear the monkey suits. If you can work your way up to be the manager or the boss, you are free to make rules on the dress code.

One good thing about business is that you can do many different types of business. You like animals? There are business about animals and animal products. Running a shelter, a zoo, breeding center, whatever you like.

What exactly task will you be doing?
06-26-2012, 01:51 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I would say the same as Ram. If you learn what your doing, you can start up a small business doing whatever you prefer, and grow it. I'm sorry things have gone rough Manda.
06-26-2012, 11:10 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(06-26-2012, 03:15 AM)Ram Wrote: Don't worry about it. Business isn't that bad. In fact it is one of my favorite. :p I studied business, and I want to eventually have my own business. Thinking about sit on a fancy leather chair behind a fancy desk, with a big word "BOSS" on your cup while talking to one of your employees on the other side of the desk.

Business casual isn't all that bad. No need to wear the monkey suits. If you can work your way up to be the manager or the boss, you are free to make rules on the dress code.

One good thing about business is that you can do many different types of business. You like animals? There are business about animals and animal products. Running a shelter, a zoo, breeding center, whatever you like.

What exactly task will you be doing?

well, i figured id start out doing all the things i dont like working for another business while saving money to start my pet shop Smile sadly..the building ive always wanted has a sale pending Sad it would have been perfect...
06-27-2012, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Take it slower lol.
Have you worked for a pet shop before? It might prove to be beneficial to work in one for a while, as the management. You need the experience. Smile
06-27-2012, 11:36 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(06-27-2012, 06:33 AM)Ram Wrote: Take it slower lol.
Have you worked for a pet shop before? It might prove to be beneficial to work in one for a while, as the management. You need the experience. Smile

ive tried..but the only pet shop within a 50 mile radius is petco...and theres no way they will hire me after the many times i have flipped on them for the cruelty of their animals :/
06-28-2012, 03:51 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

(06-27-2012, 11:36 AM)amanda509 Wrote: ive tried..but the only pet shop within a 50 mile radius is petco...and theres no way they will hire me after the many times i have flipped on them for the cruelty of their animals :/

Then work for any other shop to gain some experience. Then start your own pet shop to compete with that Petco you criticize so much. Big Grin
If you live in a fairly populated area, you should be able to get plenty of business since the only pet shop within 50 miles is Petco.
06-28-2012, 08:38 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(06-28-2012, 03:51 AM)Ram Wrote:
(06-27-2012, 11:36 AM)amanda509 Wrote: ive tried..but the only pet shop within a 50 mile radius is petco...and theres no way they will hire me after the many times i have flipped on them for the cruelty of their animals :/

Then work for any other shop to gain some experience. Then start your own pet shop to compete with that Petco you criticize so much. Big Grin
If you live in a fairly populated area, you should be able to get plenty of business since the only pet shop within 50 miles is Petco.

i currently work for a steelers fan shop, i love it! and yea, if i had better prices than petco, id deff get business! people around here take their pets seriously ;p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The funniest break-up letter Ram 0 1,452 06-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Ram