LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you every heard of a lionhead rabbit?
05-26-2014, 12:15 PM,
Francy Offline

Threads: 8
Have you every heard of a lionhead rabbit?
Have you heard of a lionhead rabbit? They are the cutest thing in the world? I had one for quite some time. I ended up giving her away to a new home since I was moving and couldn't take her with. Sad

They are a small dwarf like rabbit with a hair lining their face making them look like a "lion." They are so sweet! My little Sam was about 3 pounds and full of it. I mean full of it! I don't say that lightly. She was very sweet, but at times she was loaded for bear and ready to go. I'd let her run around the house to get some exercise and she loved it. She'd starting running and then do a little flip type spaz move through the air. It was quite comical.

Google it! You'll see what I'm talking about. Adorable. I would love to have one again, I just don't have the time. You have to spend some time loving them and cleaning out their cages, ensuring they have a clean living environment. Take a look and tell me what you think of them!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-28-2014, 12:18 AM,
Ofnir Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Have you every heard of a lionhead rabbit?
I have never heard of a lionhead rabbit ever in my life. I real do some research now, they sound very precious, I love bunnies :3. How much do they cost to take care of?
06-04-2014, 01:18 PM,
Francy Offline

Threads: 8
They actually don't cost too much to take care of. The first initial expense is going to be the most depending on how you want to take care of them. If you want them in a little kennel then you'll have to buy that. They run anywhere from $50.00 to $100.00. You'll need a water dish and a food dish. Rabbit food isn't too expensive. They're small so they don't eat a whole lot. I would give them carrot treats and some lettuce every once in awhile.

They're very precious, low key animals. So cute!!
06-28-2014, 02:21 AM,
evelynmcgregor Offline

Threads: 7
I had a lion head rabbit when I was a teenager. It was litter trained and used the same litter box my cat did. The rabbit and cat played together and it was fun to watch. The rabbit would hope toward the cat and the cat would bounce away. At night the would both cuddle up together in the cat's bed.
07-07-2014, 11:04 AM,
JudyCap Offline

Threads: 3
Yes a friend of mine used to breed and show rabbits. I am not real sure if she actually ever had any Lion Head rabbits, but she told me about them and how cute they were. She would take a few cages of her rabbits, and her kids, and go to where ever the show was as long as it was within driving distance. The shows would be on the weekend, and she would have to be back to work on Monday am.
08-10-2014, 01:38 AM,
Treeca86 Offline

Threads: 2
Yes. I've never owned a Lionhead before, just Dwarf Rabbits. A few weeks ago, on a children's channel called Sprout, on the Sunny Side Up Show, which is always live, my time, CST, 8am-11am, it was Animals Week. Someone brought a different animal everyday. One day was a Lionhead Rabbit. It was cream coloured with black and gray spots all over her. She was beautiful. My son loved her, wanted her.
12-12-2014, 08:57 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I have seen the Lion-head rabbits before; but it was only at the local fair. I do think that they are very unique; but any that I saw advertised for sale were pretty expensive, at least compared to a plain little rabbit.
One rabbit that I really love is the Angora Rabbit. They have to be brushed all of the time, like a Persian cat or a long-haired dog does.
I thought that they sheared Angoras similar to what they do with a sheep, but they do not do that at all.
The angora hair is used to knit angora hats, scarves, or sweaters with, and the hair goes right from the rabbit to the spinning wheel . Angora rabbits have a very gentle disposition, and have been bred to have that for many years.
The person will sit and hold the rabbit in their lap and pull out the hair (which easily comes out) and feed itinto the spinning wheel. Once the long hair is off of the rabbit; then they are put away and the spinner moves on to the next rabbit.
It is amazing how patiently these rabbits will sit in a person's lap while the long hair is put into the spinning wheel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Train a rabbit to use a litter box? Ram 10 8,017 11-13-2015, 02:51 AM
Last Post: CRM31
  How big of a hutch does the average rabbit need? A0130 3 2,734 01-23-2014, 03:53 AM
Last Post: DomDom
  My Rabbit - the escape artist. Julie 2 3,497 08-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Last Post: Writer E
  My rabbit the fussy eater. Julie 1 4,717 03-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Yatte
  Size of rabbit's feet Julie 0 4,316 09-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Last Post: Julie
  Rabbit Health Guide Onyx 4 3,167 07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Last Post: purplecapricorn