LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
leopard geckos!! :D
06-06-2012, 08:04 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
RE: leopard geckos!! :D
(06-06-2012, 02:01 PM)Fishbone Wrote: Sounds good. Did you get a good thermometer? 86-90 is where you want the warm side. The soil should be fine. As long as she has enough room to dig. Here's the picture of my adult enclosure, the left side is the warm side. I use heat tape on this tub, no light...

I'm not sure what your room temp is at night, but definitely get some heat back on that boy. And, does he look dehydrated? Sunken eyes, wrinkly skin, etc...? It may be worth missing him in the morning if he looks that way. He may be licking water from inside the most hide too.

And another trick. I put the paper towels on the area they like to poop in, and just change them out. Saves allot of time spot cleaning.

how expensive is the heat tape and how do you use it? im trying to find an affordable way to heat the bottom of their tank(s) depending how long they are separated. the male is still alive this morning, i woke him up by gently moving his hide, he opened his eyes for a couple seconds and then fell back asleep. no signs of him being active last night, i didnt get a light on him though. it looks like the female has not moved from her basking area also. i dont know if it is just her pissed she cant go under the carpet, or if she is really basking..no signs of her going into her lay box on her own lastnight. no poop either for both of them. im currently using one of the gauges from the chameleon cages, they arent exact, but pretty close. ill be getting a couple digital thermometers from lowes tomorrow, would they have the heat tape as well?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2012, 11:12 PM,
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
i havent seen either of them drink, and the male's urates are orange which means dehydration, so i misted both of them this morning, neither of them liked it, but the male was licking the water off the walls afterwards, the female made a sneezing noise and hid. i heard soaking them in warm water will help hydrate, ive never tried ti with the chams, but could i try it with the leos?
06-07-2012, 05:35 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
Flexxwatt heat tape is pretty useful stuff, and when you cost it out, is pretty cheap, but you are probably going to have to order it online, shipping, etc. and you have to wire it yourself. They may sell it at home improvement & hardware stores up there, as it is one of the things used to heat floors, pipes, etc... But I've would think you would probably have to buy a whole roll, I'm really not sure.

I know you said you don't live in a large town, but you said you had a petco? I would get one of these. or you can get one at petsmart, etc... It'll probably be cheaper than buying two digital therms at lowes. And you can use it anywhere.

Yes you can bathe them, just make sure its not too deep, and not too hot, baby bath warm. The"sneezing" nose is most likely a little grunt like nose they can make when irritated. I would try bathing them, just be careful. If he does have parasites, he its probably dehydrated. That is probably part of why he is staying in the most hide.
You can also make it wet enough in there so there its condensation on the walls, he can lick those up too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Life span of a leopard gecko? Ram 7 24,836 05-19-2022, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Valentin01
  update on the leopard gecko boys! feeding frenzy vid! amanda509 2 2,987 09-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Last Post: amanda509
  update on baby geckos! amanda509 4 3,205 08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
  baby geckos! amanda509 5 3,753 08-16-2012, 01:07 AM
  I'm a daddy, leopard geckos just hatched!! (DUW!!) Fishbone 20 10,511 07-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Last Post: purplecapricorn
  Good news about my leopard gecko! amanda509 2 3,278 06-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Thor
  leopard gecko breeding Ram 4 7,880 06-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Fishbone
  Leopard gecko food and diet ? Ram 18 11,807 05-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Last Post: ArmyOfDreams