LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video of mars chowing down lol
08-06-2012, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2012, 01:37 AM by amanda509.)
amanda509 Offline

Threads: 56
video of mars chowing down lol
please enjoy this video of my sweetie, mars, chowing down on mealworms :3 and yes, he likes mealworms, not superworms, he is eating like a pig again lol.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2012, 10:41 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: video of mars chowing down lol
Very cute little leopard gecko you got there. Yes, he eats like a pig. Smile No chewing at all, just swallow all those meal worms whole in a second. He also grabs them so fast like if they would run away. At least on one occasion, he couldn't decide which worm he should go for haha. He was looking at one worm, then moved his head to look at another worm.

Just how many worms can your leopard gecko eat for each meal?

Oh, I also heard crickets, but I don't see them. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2012, 12:30 AM,
amanda509 Offline

(08-06-2012, 10:41 AM)Ram Wrote: Very cute little leopard gecko you got there. Yes, he eats like a pig. Smile No chewing at all, just swallow all those meal worms whole in a second. He also grabs them so fast like if they would run away. At least on one occasion, he couldn't decide which worm he should go for haha. He was looking at one worm, then moved his head to look at another worm.

Just how many worms can your leopard gecko eat for each meal?

Oh, I also heard crickets, but I don't see them. Big Grin

well, im only supposed to feed 5 or 6 everynight, but seeing as he was underweight when i got him, he eats about 12 XD. and theres no crickets in his cage, they were in their bin, i usually get medium sized ones which dont have their wings yet and cant chirp, but they were out, so i got larges and all i hear now is chirping lol.
08-07-2012, 04:31 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I would just like to say, I don't miss having crickets in the house. Its hard to say how much to really feed a leo Manda. So I personally think your fine. Just keep using common sense. If he was underweight, you could try to introduce him to supers too. One of my females, my bell albino, is a really picky eater. She only likes soft bodied larvae. Mostly silks & waxworms. She'll occasionally take some butters. But she LOVES silkworms, which, for anyone unfamiliar, its a hard feeder to manage, at least feeding primarily to one gecko. So, over two months after laying her last egg, she is just getting back over 55 grams, and I feed her whenever I can get her to eat. The other two eat supers like nothing and are fat & happy. You gotta work with what you've got.

He is looking great though! I'm glad he's doing well. Smile
08-07-2012, 10:14 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(08-07-2012, 04:31 PM)Fishbone Wrote: I would just like to say, I don't miss having crickets in the house. Its hard to say how much to really feed a leo Manda. So I personally think your fine. Just keep using common sense. If he was underweight, you could try to introduce him to supers too. One of my females, my bell albino, is a really picky eater. She only likes soft bodied larvae. Mostly silks & waxworms. She'll occasionally take some butters. But she LOVES silkworms, which, for anyone unfamiliar, its a hard feeder to manage, at least feeding primarily to one gecko. So, over two months after laying her last egg, she is just getting back over 55 grams, and I feed her whenever I can get her to eat. The other two eat supers like nothing and are fat & happy. You gotta work with what you've got.

He is looking great though! I'm glad he's doing well. Smile

haha, he's the one that won't eat for a few weeks when i try to feed him supers, im pretty sure he aboslutely hates them! so he just eats lots and lots of mealies lol. he is deff gaining though, you can visibly see it Smile
08-09-2012, 02:59 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

(08-07-2012, 10:14 PM)amanda509 Wrote: haha, he's the one that won't eat for a few weeks when i try to feed him supers, im pretty sure he aboslutely hates them! so he just eats lots and lots of mealies lol. he is deff gaining though, you can visibly see it Smile

I am not an expert on worms, but I believe what you feed the feeders might also have an impact on the animal who eats them. What have you been feeding the mealworms? Smile Make them more nutritious might help to put some more weight on your leopard gecko.

You can also try silkworm as Fishbone said they are very nutritious. Slobber
08-09-2012, 09:30 PM,
amanda509 Offline

(08-09-2012, 02:59 AM)Ram Wrote: I am not an expert on worms, but I believe what you feed the feeders might also have an impact on the animal who eats them. What have you been feeding the mealworms? Smile Make them more nutritious might help to put some more weight on your leopard gecko.

You can also try silkworm as Fishbone said they are very nutritious. Slobber

haha true! the normal diet for mealworms is oatmeal :p and i do get silkworms occasionally, but they can be hard to raise, so i normally dont get them often.
08-12-2012, 12:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2012, 01:27 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

(08-09-2012, 09:30 PM)amanda509 Wrote: haha true! the normal diet for mealworms is oatmeal :p and i do get silkworms occasionally, but they can be hard to raise, so i normally dont get them often.

Yeah, I know usually people feed oatmeal to mealworms, but they are capable of chewing down all kinds of food, including any plant leaves you can find. So maybe you can also add some good veggie to their diet.

Silkworms are extremely easy to raise. As long as you have access to mulberry tree. They also reproduce easily and won't fly away when reach adulthood. Just get a dozen silkworm and a single mulberry tree, you will never run out of silkworms. Wink I don't know how long other worm species can last, but for silkworm they reach adulthood in just a month if you give them everything they need. You can slow it down by give them just enough to stay alive.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Turtle charging at the camera (video) Ram 7 3,735 05-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Ram
  Bearded Dragon playing a video game Mantis 5 4,209 04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Ram