LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are your thoughts on neutering?
01-22-2014, 09:33 PM,
BirdPoo Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What are your thoughts on neutering?
I think it is important to quickly address the medical advantages of neutering your dog. It's always been amusing to me that the majority of people who do not want this done are men! I can certainly imagine why you men are so sensitive about this subject!

After reading the previous posts I would like to say that the procedure is far from cruel, relatively fast and one of the easiest procedures performed on a dog. I wouldn't even consider it a surgery. There is little to no blood loss and they are only sedated for roughly 10 minutes.

Testicular cancer is the leading cause of death in dogs that remain intact. Want to talk about cruel? Watching a male suffer through testicles the size of grapefruit with tremendous sensitivity and pain is cruel. Male dogs that are neutered CAN’T get testicular cancer and they live 40% longer than their unneutered counterparts. Unneutered male dogs respond to the “call of the wild” and their desire to wander is fierce. In fact, 62% of dogs hit by a car are unneutered! Finally, 66% of unneutered males get prostate disease.

Should we go back to what is cruel and what is NOT?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What are your thoughts on neutering? - by dhrynio - 12-14-2012, 07:18 PM
RE: What are your thoughts on neutering? - by BirdPoo - 01-22-2014, 09:33 PM