LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removing natural weapons
07-08-2016, 09:29 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Removing natural weapons
I think that you are misunderstanding about birds having their wings removed. They call it clipping the bird's wings; but they are not actually clipping of anyting but the feathers on the wings.
Sometimes, only one side has the feathers clipped, and this makes the bird lop-sided when it tries to fly. Clipping the long feathers on a bird's wings, whether on one side , or on both sides, makes it so that the bird can't easily fly away, but usually they can still fly for a short distance.
I have done this with small birds like a parakeet, and also with larger birds such as chickens, alhough clipping the large wing feathers on a chicken is not that easy to do.

As far as de-clawing a cat, I think that is usually done to keep the cat from scratching up furniture, rather than for proection from the cat. I think that this is a sad thing to do to a cat, since it takes away their natural ability to climb and to protect themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Removing natural weapons - by remnant - 07-04-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Removing natural weapons - by Happyflowerlady - 07-08-2016, 09:29 AM
RE: Removing natural weapons - by Corzhens - 07-08-2016, 05:15 PM