LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
05-30-2013, 01:59 PM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
RE: Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
(05-29-2013, 02:03 PM)cmdr-apollo Wrote: For the first day, we had to feed her from a spoon because her cone bothered her but now she's chowing down right from the can. We had to wait two days after the incident before the amputation (Care Credit approvals... ugh) so she was on morphine while the leg was wrapped in a cast, and she wasn't eating at all - not even her favorite soft foods. She wasn't drinking, either. So we are just beyond happy that she began eating as soon as the operation was over!
She's back to her normal happy self, with only a few changes - like wiggling her whole butt until she's off-balance when trying to wag her tail Smile

That's just awesome. The first day Chooey's mandible got broken, I was panic stricken. She wasn't eating and she didn't want to drink her pain killers because of the pain she's experiencing in her mandible. I was worried that since she was taking pain meds and she wasn't eating or drinking, her kidneys might suffer.

Fortunately, that night, she was able to eat a single teaspoon of food which I felt relieved. The next day, we had to feed her through our fingers because she wasn't eating it from the bowl.

I am glad Little Mommy is recovering pretty well. I am surprised that it had to be amputated and it's as if she wasn't in pain when she walked in. We are sending her our paws and prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics) - by haopee - 05-30-2013, 01:59 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beagle Sees a Raccoon "Dentist" laurasav 4 3,222 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: haopee