LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
06-06-2013, 10:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013, 11:00 AM by cliverederson.)
cliverederson Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
I know! It really is quite amazing. I've thought about this too, a surgery of that caliber would knock us humans flat on our butts for weeks sometimes or more, but a dog can have a major surgery and be up in about in a day or so. There's surely more to it than this, but the only thing I've heard is that dogs have a higher threshold for pain generally. Maybe the pain level that would linger for us just isn't noticeable as much to them? I'm purely speculating of course.

My friend's dog's leg was amputated, she bounced back within a couple days too. Even just when my dog was spayed, she was up and about in like a day, it seemed like her wooziness from anesthesia slowed her down more than the actual surgery.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics) - by cliverederson - 06-06-2013, 10:59 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beagle Sees a Raccoon "Dentist" laurasav 4 3,229 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: haopee