LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewing and licking paws
07-12-2013, 01:09 PM,
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Chewing and licking paws
Thanks for the suggestions. I have looked over his paws and they both look normal, however the fur around them looks "stained" I assume from all the licking. He has had this problem for awhile now and I haven't been able to link it to any certain time. I've tried to monitor him after he eats, when he comes in from taking him out to potty, etc. But it just seems like there is no relation to those things. He follows me around the house all day like my little shadow and anytime I sit down for awhile, he settles down beside me and immediately starts the licking and chewing.

I wonder if he is doing it out of habit at this point? I don't have carpet in my home, but he may be allergic to detergents or cleaners that I use as you suggested. I will just have to continue to monitor him the best I can. The Zignature that I mentioned in my first post, supposedly is grain free. It is a lamb and rice formula. Like I said, he has been on it for a month now with no improvement. I think when this bag runs out, I am going to stick with the Zignature but get a different formula like Salmon and Potato or something. Maybe he is allergic to the lamb? I'm so confused!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Chewing and licking paws - by shopgirl - 07-11-2013, 02:30 PM
RE: Chewing and licking paws - by haopee - 07-11-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Chewing and licking paws - by shopgirl - 07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
RE: Chewing and licking paws - by Happyflowerlady - 07-23-2013, 01:16 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Excessive licking apickett80 13 4,527 05-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Corzhens
  Yeast infection inside of paws Kteabc 2 2,512 06-15-2014, 01:53 PM