LoginRegister

Poll: Should Dolphins be considered a Non-Human Person ?
Dolphins are little people with fins !
Dolphins are wonderful, but just an animal.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
08-21-2013, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013, 04:30 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status
I too believe the whole concept of "their own specific rights" is quite flawed.

While I am all for the protection of wild animals (as well as domesticated pets), it is wrong to judge any animal species based on their level of intelligence. If only the "smart" animals deserve special treatment, should we humans also get different level of basic human rights and privileges based on how smart each individual person is? I think not. Smile

It is the very reason I am not supporting certain groups who claim to be protecting animal rights. Some of them seem to be "protecting" only the cute animals. We shouldn't be selective when it comes to protecting animals. It is a form of inequality or prejudice lol.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dolphins are going to be given special " Non-human Person" status - by Ram - 08-21-2013, 04:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can pets read human emotions? Ram 64 31,158 05-12-2016, 09:44 AM
Last Post: heavymetalkilos
  When the aliens see a human walking a dog in the park Ram 5 3,486 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM
Last Post: ReneLeBeau