LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My!
05-14-2014, 10:48 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My!
One important thing to do to get rid of fleas, is to vacuum every single day. It will get the fleas and the flea eggs out of the carpet. If your cats will eat brewers yeast tablets, then give them several of those every day. My dogs love them and think they are a treat. If your cat is picky, then dip the brewers yeast tablet into a little bit of leftover bacon grease, or hamburger grease to just lightly coat it; it will smell good to the cat, and once he starts to actually at it, he will probably realize that it tastes good. Fleas and ticks don't like the taste of it, so they are more apt to lave your cats alone.
You can also use borax (in laundry dept. at store), and sprinkle it on the floor and leave it a day or two, then vacuum it. It will kill the fleas, but won't hurt the cats. I also use a borax solution as a flea dip for the dogs; but your cats might not like that so much. It is way safer to bathe them with than the chemicals that are in flea powders or sprays. Also, Dawn dish soap will kill fleas if you use that to bathe the cats.
Lastly, put a shiny pie pan with some water and a dab of dish soap on the floor, and put a small (desk) lamp beside it, so it shines into the pie plate. When it is dark, the fleas will be drawn to the light, hop into the pie plate, and drown.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My! - by Bloomsie - 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My! - by Happyflowerlady - 05-14-2014, 10:48 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protect Your Dog From Fleas And Ticks statewide 2 984 09-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Diatomaceous Earth kills most bugs, spiders, and fleas Happyflowerlady 0 1,761 05-19-2014, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady