LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My!
05-17-2014, 02:00 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My!
Bloomsie, I doubt that using the pie plate at nite will get all the fleas, since you have several cats who are providing a warm place for them to sleep. One the other hand; it can't hurt to do it, and it will help show you if you are getting them out of the carpet.
One other product that will help a lot is diatomaceous earth. DE is fossilized microscopic diatoms, and it looks just like white flour. However, it ha sharp edges which will cut tiny bugs like fleas, spiders, ticks, and bedbugs as they crawl over it.
It is harmless to people and animals, and in fact is actually a healthful additive to food. It will also kill worms and other parasites that are inside your dog or cat.
Since fleas will give the host animal (your kitty cat, in this case) tape worms; it is good to get some DE, add a bit into canned food, and also spread some lightly on the bedding where the cats sleep.
Be sure to get food grade DE, and there are several places online to order it, as well as many health stores carry it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My! - by Bloomsie - 05-13-2014, 10:46 AM
RE: Ants, Spiders and Fleas... Oh My! - by Happyflowerlady - 05-17-2014, 02:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Protect Your Dog From Fleas And Ticks statewide 2 984 09-05-2021, 12:57 AM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee
  Diatomaceous Earth kills most bugs, spiders, and fleas Happyflowerlady 0 1,760 05-19-2014, 03:31 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady