LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best overall flea prevention
02-03-2015, 03:44 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
RE: Best overall flea prevention
Vacuuming the floor once a day is one of the best ways to get rid of fleas in the house. However, anytime the dog goes outside more fleas will get on the dogs.
Most of the flea poison that you can buy for dogs has chemicals that get in your pet's blood, and when the fleas suck the dog's blood, then the chemicals poison the flea and it eventually dies.
The main problem that I have with these types of flea medicine is that I don't like to put chemicals in my dog's blood; plus, it doesn't actually stop fleas from biting the dog, it only kills them after they have done the deed.
While it does stop that perticular flea from laying eggs and reproducing or biting the dog again; in the meantime, the dog is still trying to scratch off the fleas.
I have uually used a flea repellant, and even vinegar with lemon in it works great for repelling fleas, and doesn't cause any harm to the dogs.
This way, the fleas (hopefully) don't even get on the dog and bite him in the firt place. And when they do get on the dog, they usually jump back off and are vacuumed up.
I also put diatomaceous earth in the dog beds, and this kills the fleas and is in no way harmful to the dog.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Best overall flea prevention - by nickysduck2 - 01-17-2015, 11:35 AM
RE: Best overall flea prevention - by Happyflowerlady - 02-03-2015, 03:44 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you use a heartworm and flea control combo. drug? TreeClimber 0 1,791 03-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: TreeClimber