LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a Jack Russell Terrier?
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM,
louise1341 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Does anyone have a Jack Russell Terrier?
Welcome to the world of the Jack Russell!

I don't have any at the moment but I used to have two and my parents bred and showed them. They are fantastic little dogs with lots of personality and gumption. They can be a bit high maintenance at times and they love the sound of their own voices but what they lack in social skills they make up for in love and loyalty. They are great fun to have around and will keep you entertained with their antics.

What you need to remember about them is that they are bred as working dogs which means that they have to be independent when the need arises and the excessive barking is just a part of their character. Keeping them quiet can be an issue if you live close to other people but with training, plenty of exercise and imaginative ways to entertain them it can be done. Make sure your JR is well socialized with other dogs and the most important thing you can teach her is to come back when she sees something interesting!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does anyone have a Jack Russell Terrier? - by louise1341 - 07-03-2012, 08:39 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My terrier does not travel well. WonkyBear 4 2,816 08-18-2014, 01:51 AM
Last Post: astockd1
  1 year old Jack Russell suddenly cowering and hiding Bumbleski 6 6,995 01-04-2014, 06:50 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50