LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a new rescue at our household...
09-05-2012, 02:16 PM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
RE: a new rescue at our household...
(09-02-2012, 08:20 AM)laurasav Wrote: Glad you were able to give her a new home, Mr Snake Whisperer/Fishbone! Wink She looks beautiful. Hope it all works out well, and she turns out to be healthy and sweet natured. I'd be so nervous about exposing my existing "babies" to anything, so I'm glad you're so cautious with a long quarantine time.
I'm curious - what does a "flipper" mean?

Thanks Laura. She's doing well so far. I have not seen one ounce of aggressiveness. She's a very sweet boa. She eats without problem, and seems well hydrated. So, so far so good, Smile

"Flippers" are people who try to take in animals cheaply or for free just to try to turn around and sell them for profit quickly. Craigslist in most areas had people who do that with all animals unfortunately. They prey on all the "free to a good home" ads, and allot of times will have the animal back on craigslist in a few days with a false story for a higher price. Not exactly what I consider an honorable hobby.

The reptile industry is full of them in particular. I've seen struggling hobbyist breeders at shows, then seen the same animals on craigslist the next week for more money with some b.s. about where they came from.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
a new rescue at our household... - by Fishbone - 08-20-2012, 07:20 PM
RE: a new rescue at our household... - by Thor - 08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
RE: a new rescue at our household... - by Fishbone - 09-05-2012, 02:16 PM