LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
05-29-2013, 05:02 AM,
cmdr-apollo Offline

Threads: 2
Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics)
(warning: slightly gory description of injury)

This is my aunt's dog, Lil' Mommy. She was attacked by a raccoon in her own backyard. It climbed in over the chainlink fence and being a dog, Lil' Mommy confronted it, barking. We ran outside right as Lil' Mommy was running back into the house and the raccoon was on its way back out. We didn't see anything but the retreat, and Lil' Mommy jumped right in her raised bed as usual. Ten minutes later, I looked at Lil' Mommy and noticed a white bone sitting beside her... it turned out to be her leg. The flesh and muscle was torn away, and her back leg was only exposed bone from the paw, to up between the hip and leg joint. She never acted like anything was wrong or in pain - no whimpering, no shaking, nothing! We assume that she turned to run away and it grabbed onto her back leg, tearing the flesh from it. We took her to the emergency vet and had no choice but to get her leg amputated.

[Image: dw6LSjL.jpg]

I knew that dogs recover from amputations incredibly fast, but I still couldn't believe that she was up and walking around the very next day! It only took her two days to learn to climb the front porch step. Who says chihuahuas aren't tough?!

[Image: 1NTsD9l.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Lil' Mommy (Chi) recovering after raccoon attack & amputation (w/ pics) - by cmdr-apollo - 05-29-2013, 05:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beagle Sees a Raccoon "Dentist" laurasav 4 3,229 09-14-2012, 02:29 PM
Last Post: haopee