LoginRegister

Poll: Pet or Food? What is this Blue Crayfish to you?
A beautiful pet !
A pet ! Blue is my favorite color!
Umm...Protein !
Pass me lemon and butter please
May I pet it before I eat it?
Neither.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pet or Food? - Blue crayfish - not your typical lobster
01-24-2014, 04:42 AM,
DomDom Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Pet or Food? - Blue crayfish - not your typical lobster
Wow this looks very cool, I saw blue lobsters before but not white ones :o

Pertaining to lobsters, do you guys know that in history lobsters werent eaten at all ? I read a great article about it a year ago. Lobsters in history were thought as a sick mans food. People were grossed out by them (something like worms today, who knows about worms in the future Big Grin). They were only served to inmates at prisons. In historic books you can find info that at the time there were so many lobsters in the sea that at the time of strong waves and tides they were being washed ashore at the thousands (I read that this was in New England specifically). So its interesting to see how humans point of views change over time. Its such a drastic change in society, going from a crazy mans or prisoners food to a luxurious and great tasting is quite a change. If I had one I would take the white one btw Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pet or Food? - Blue crayfish - not your typical lobster - by DomDom - 01-24-2014, 04:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fishless cycling using fish food rya73 6 4,660 03-21-2015, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Ram
  Fish keeping is more of a hobby than just another kind of pet Thor 9 5,572 05-03-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  History - The domestication of pet fish Ram 0 2,518 06-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Last Post: Ram
  What food do you feed your fish? Ram 8 7,650 04-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Last Post: Thor