LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ?
06-13-2014, 05:34 AM,
FreeFlowingJoy Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ?
I live in the country, not a 'wild' area like Alaska or northern states like Wyoming, etc. But yep, pretty much any small little critter like opossum, raccoon, armadillo, rabbits, road runners, of course snakes. There are also wild turtles that come on pretty frequently. The dogs have a bark for a turtle and behavior for them that looks and sounds like no other, lol.

Of course all the birds, birds of prey such as buzzards, hawks, and owls. I really love watching buzzards in the sky, catching a thermal, etc. And of course, non prey birds. I have seen rare birds of all kinds here too. There are also the 'cow' birds, which is really a kind of egret. We have some water type birds that come and go from people's cow tanks.

We don't have bear or wolves. But we for sure have coyotes. I have also seen a wild cat, only glimpses of. I was afraid to admit it talking to a neighbor once, but he said, yes he and other neighbors had seen one too. My glimpse was only a body like a mountain lion. But evidence has shown kittens with lynx markings, so I know we have those around here too.

Other parts of Texas especially the hill country have deer as regular parts of their yard and have to secure their gardens, somehow. Honestly they are beautiful but that would be a problem. They only come here from a distance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do you have any wild animals coming into your yard ? - by FreeFlowingJoy - 06-13-2014, 05:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLM is rounding up wild horses and killing them. Happyflowerlady 0 1,502 05-07-2014, 03:48 AM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady