LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My terrier does not travel well.
08-18-2014, 01:51 AM,
astockd1 Offline

Threads: 2
RE: My terrier does not travel well.
Unfortunately, some dogs just hate car rides, and there is nothing you can do about it. Sometimes cuddling them helps, but if you are the only one in the car then it's not the safest thing to drive while cuddling a dog. The only suggestion I have is benadryl. When we drove 25 hours across the country with our dog, we had him on benadryl the whole time just to calm him down. About 3 hours into our trip, we ran into a little terrier/pomeranian mix at a rest stop. This dog was shaking, not eating, throwing up, and just totally unhappy. We happened to be parked next to them, and the dog's owner was really shaken up about it. Because my boyfriend worked at a vet for two years, he looked at the dog and we gave her some pumpkin to ease her stomach upset, and part of a benadryl to calm her down. I don't know how that dog did the rest of the ride, but hopefully we helped! Poor owner was totally freaked out about her dog's behavior.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
My terrier does not travel well. - by WonkyBear - 08-11-2014, 06:11 PM
RE: My terrier does not travel well. - by astockd1 - 08-18-2014, 01:51 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone have a Jack Russell Terrier? TreeClimber 8 4,425 08-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Last Post: evelynmcgregor
  Dogs that don't like car travel Julie 2 4,692 09-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Julie