LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session
06-22-2012, 11:12 AM,
haopee Offline

Threads: 91
RE: The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session
(06-21-2012, 12:51 AM)Victor Leigh Wrote: What do you use to cut your dog's nails? I use something like this:
[Image: resco-chrome-claw-clipper.jpg]

This is to make sure that I don't make any mistakes when I cut my dog's nails. The nail to be cut fits into the hole at the end of the clipper. Then when you squeeze the handles, the cutter will clip off the nail cleanly without slipping.

I use the same clippers. I have that and this one.

[Image: BA027_0002_hero.jpg]

(06-22-2012, 05:22 AM)andrew320 Wrote: When I had my Shih Tzu, it was a pain to cut her nails. It was awful and always a struggle.

Over time, I learned that the best time to cut her nails was when it thundered outside. That would immediately make her vulnerable and she allowed me to do anything I wanted.

So when winter came around and it stopped thundering, I would put on the sounds of thunder on my laptop and she permitted me to cut her nails.

I wish I started when she was a pup because my fiancee's cats do not struggle a bit due to them starting when they were kittens.

How I wish it thundered often here but at the same time, that would suggest typhoons and I don't want those.

Anyway, one of the tricks I use is to make them tired of playing. After which, I'll grab that opportunity to cut their nails because that's the time they hardly have energy to resist.

I'm just so scared sometimes because of my previous experience with my big dog. She had black nails.

I would love to try the grinder but I'm pretty sure that's a bit expensive compared to the other cutters.

I agree, starting young is for the best.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session - by haopee - 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM
RE: The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session - by haopee - 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
RE: The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session - by Ram - 06-25-2012, 01:14 AM
RE: The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session - by Novados - 07-06-2012, 09:55 AM
RE: The Dreaded Nail Cutting Session - by haopee - 08-16-2012, 02:13 AM