LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Habits?
07-01-2015, 02:57 PM,
niightwind Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Strange Habits?
That's very interesting about the urinating on nettles, Connie! Of all the strange quirks I've heard of dogs having, that is definitely a new one, haha. Those habits may not be the best ones to have in a dog, but at least they give him a unique piece to his personality. Smile

As for my dog, he has a bit of a funny habit too. Any time someone come near him he always - every single time - rolls over onto his back and starts thumping his tail as if asking for attention. I've heard that there's new research showing that dogs roll over onto their backs to expose their belly as a combative tactics to stop aggression, or out of fear. But I find this unlikely in my dog. He's never had any harm done to him or something that would cause him to be fearful, and he does it all the time, even when he approaches me. He jumps up onto the couch next to me, snuggles up between my legs and then rolls over onto his back and looks up at me longingly. He's a belly rub boy!

He also has this funny little thing where occasionally he won't jump up onto small ledges that he can easily just step up to. He'll sit there and wait for someone to lift him up. Then, occasionally as soon as someone tried to lift him he'll jump right on up himself! Funny little dog.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Strange Habits? - by Connie - 06-25-2015, 11:18 PM
RE: Strange Habits? - by niightwind - 07-01-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Strange Habits? - by SarahWorksAtHome - 07-01-2015, 10:32 PM
RE: Strange Habits? - by mett1982 - 02-02-2016, 12:02 AM
RE: Strange Habits? - by Corzhens - 05-16-2016, 08:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What strange or interesting games does your dog play ? Happyflowerlady 1 1,876 12-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Miranda Boldari