Poll: Will you become a vegetarian?
I'm already Vegetarian.
Sure will! I hate animal abuse now!
Nah, I like meat...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Abuse: Spread The Word + Become Vegetarian
03-07-2012, 11:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2012, 11:13 AM by Orangematz.)
Orangematz Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
Video  Animal Abuse: Spread The Word + Become Vegetarian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD9M8cjXsL0

Skinned Alive | Cruel Catfish Slaughter EXPOSED | Mercy For Animals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFz0c0UOi...VdOn824JgL

Meet Your Meat | PETA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v205cPARIM

Farm To Fridge | Mercy For Animals

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2012, 11:30 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
RE: Animal Abuse: Spread The Word + Become Vegetarian
Do you only eat veggie?

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 02:35 AM,
Orangematz Offline
Registered

Threads: 1
(03-07-2012, 11:30 AM)Admin Wrote: Do you only eat veggie?

No, mainly because I am forced to eat what is put onto my plate.

Hopefully when I grow up, I will choose to go Vegan.
03-10-2012, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 03:19 AM by Dakota Dog.)
Dakota Dog Offline

Threads: 0
Have you ever been on a farm to see how cattle are actually raised, or how chickens are actually treated? There is alot more to how the animals are treated then a few gross clips presented in the most bias manner. Research the "makers" of these videos to find their hidden agendas, you'll find they support urban terrorists,(research ALF or ELF and see who funds their defense teams) and kill more pets then they save.
03-10-2012, 04:07 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
While I do appreciate the cause, it's a sad fact that some people physically cannot solely survive such a diet alone. Common lifelong diseases such as thyroid illnesses (which I have myself), certain people with severe iron deficiency disorders (not just anemia either) and there's even a rare born-illness of a type of "vampire"-like illness where the person actually needs to eat mass amounts of meat. Sadly, I can't remember it's official name.

I myself, thankfully, have an easier time with not feeling TOO guilty as I eat Kosher meat. Which largely relies on the way the animal is killed/slaughtered (humanely) and prepared.

I've also know of others who when have attempted to go Vegan, and even with doing it properly and carefully, became violently ill and malnourished, so they had no choice but to change their diet back.

Of course, as I said, I highly appreciate what you're saying, I do. But there are MUCH larger animal abuse problems I concern myself with other than how the ones I eat are killed...at least it's for a REASON. Dog fighting, drowning or beating of puppies, cockfighting, bear dancing, and in some instances, even horse-racing etc. That's a heck of a lot more barbaric and sinister in my book.
03-10-2012, 05:00 AM,
bw Offline

Threads: 10
My wife is vegetarian. I am not. Though I do eat a lot less meat than before I married my veggie lover. Now she has gone vegan for lent. We do buy my meat, what little I eat, at Whole Foods where things are supposed to be responsibly raised.
I have to agree with Dakota and OriJas about Peta. They show the dark side. Compare it to puppy mills in the media. They show only the worst most extreme cases. That is what Peta does. I grew up eating chicken. Until they were put on the dinner table they ran around my grandpa's yard doing their chicken thing. I used to work on a farm that raised beef cattle. Those cattle out in the fields, grazing and doing their cattle thing... It was nothing like what Peta would have you believe.
03-10-2012, 05:25 AM,
Dakota Dog Offline

Threads: 0
Animal abuse does exist, and should be addressed, tougher laws placed for idiots that starve their animals, and allow them to die a slow and painful death. There have been a few farms in the area here that were raided by animal control for just those things. Does that mean that all farmers do it? Not at all.
PETA started out as a great idea, but now, it's made animal cruelity and abuse a joke. People do need to see the ugly side of things, and see that real abuse does exist but with the truth, not slanted views to serve an agenda.
I'm sure the OP only had the best interests at heart when posting this, and I applaude your efforts, abuse does need to be stopped, just make sure you're supporting the real cause, for the right reasons.
Ok..I'm stepping off the soapbox before someone kicks in out from under me..:Tongue:
03-10-2012, 05:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-10-2012, 05:32 AM by Ram.)
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Well in my opinion, whether we kill the cattle politely or ruthlessly, it's all the same. I kill them, and we eat them. Those videos did make me feel bad for a moment, but I was raised eating meat, and I just can't stop it after all these years. I love meat! Tongue I have to have meat every meal, or I feel my stomach isn't filled. Humans aren't herbivorous.

On a side note, traditional farm raised chickens taste way better than mass produced chickens.
03-10-2012, 06:18 AM,
OriJas Offline

Threads: 3
PETA to me itself is a joke. A fellow animal lover tried to turn me onto them a few years ago but we both turned away when we found some rather, unsupportable truths about them. I don't appreciate being told that my animals are "exploited" or my "slaves" and therefore should run free and we should and I quote "admire them from afar like it was intended". My dogs eat better than I do, see a doctor more frequently than I do (and I'm permanently ill) sleep, walk, run, and are treated better. And they're HAPPY. If they want to call that abuse, well I say go for it. I don't smack my dogs when they aren't doing the right thing, I don't chain them up or make them do anything they don't WANT to do. Except maybe Jasmine when she won't get in the car.

When PETA starts calling me an animal abuser, slave owner or exploiter - that's when I look at them like they're out of their freakin' minds. Right now, my dogs are curled up behind me on my favorite pillows, snoring loudly and contently and somewhere in their dreams chasing a few pigeons. When they wake up to look at me with a happy face, wagging their tails, and force me to give them a never-ending belly rub until I serve THEM breakfast, I'll think about all the things I'll make them do for me, and make them learn to call me "master" before I stop slave-driving them.

Ahem, excuse me. Sorry, PETA is a bit of a sore spot for me.
03-10-2012, 06:27 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Most of these animals can't even survive without humans. On the other hand, most of them wouldn't even exist if without humans.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is your favorite animal movie of all time ? Happyflowerlady 5 3,832 06-26-2015, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Nieris
  What animal show past or present is your favorite? Pocs 7 5,618 01-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Roseary
  A few "non-pet" animal pics... Fishbone 10 4,176 05-30-2012, 02:57 AM
Last Post: Fishbone