Are you watching the Olympics?
07-28-2012, 10:31 PM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
Are you watching the Olympics?
Have you been watching the Olympics?

What is your favorite sport(s)?

What is your prediction on which countries may get the most gold and overall medals?

The traditional top 3 are always the United States, China, Russia, but you can bet the home advantage is a huge factor in medal count too.

Check this page for medal count report.
http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/medals
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-29-2012, 12:03 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Are you going to watch Olympics?
My predictions:

Gold medals
1. China
2. USA
3. Russia
4. UK

Overall medals
1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
4. UK
07-30-2012, 04:50 AM,
pugskjj Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Are you watching the Olympics?
I love the Olympics!! I was thrilled when they changed the format so that we would have some Olympics every two years instead of every 4. My favorite summer events are 1) swimming 2) diving 3) gymnastics

Medal predictions are the same as Ram...and not because I'm too lazy to type it out LOL
Find all posts by this user
08-06-2012, 08:34 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Looks like the #1 and #2 are on track. Smile
Somehow Russians are doing poorly this time. They got tons of silver and bronze with very few gold. Britain might take #3 instead of Russia.
10-05-2012, 03:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 03:08 AM by pafjlh.)
pafjlh Offline

Threads: 1
Well the Summer Olympics for 2012 are now in the history books. So what did I think of them, what did others think? Well I know there was a whole lot of people complaining about the delay feed of several events, that they wanted them live because of spoilers out there. To be honest this didn't really bother me too much. I don't mind finding out the outcome of a competition, it helps me to relax and enjoy the actual competition knowing the outcome, instead of sitting there biting my nails as to whether my team will win. So I didn't mind this at all, what did I mind? First of all the opening ceremony was, well what was that? Seriously, the funniest most entertaining part was the comic who plays Mr. Bean with his Chariots of Fire parody. Then of course the main reason we were all there, hello the parade of athletes. Don't care about the sheep, the dancing around hospital patients and certainly not some couple who met in cyberspace. What any of that had to do with the Olympics is beyond me. I want the opening ceremonies of the Olympics to get back to being the Olympic opening ceremonies, not can this country out do the last in pomp circumstance and propping their culture. I understand a little homage to the host country but it seems like this is now getting out of control, and sometimes your like they do know this is an Olympic opening ceremony and not their own personal admiration program.

Then I didn't like the coverage, yes I said I didn't mind the delay feed. But what I did mind was taking the stuff you knew people were waiting to see, and put it late at night. Also, what is the big deal with Volley Ball. I saw volley ball in doors, I saw it on a beach. I saw every single round of it, if I had seen one more volley ball game I was going to throw a volley ball at my TV screen. There were other events that could of been shown, the only time Volley ball should of been in prime time was when the games were in the medal round, until then it didn't belong there. By the time they got to the medal round, I didn't care who won as long as there were no more volley ball games being shown. One more complaint to NBC if your going to cut the ending of the closing ceremonies for a preview of some silly new TV show, how about editing some of the unnecessary stuff from it, so we can actually see the Olympics end.
Find all posts by this user