LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is your childhood animal hero?
09-19-2013, 09:54 AM,
pftsusan Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Who is your childhood animal hero?
Flipper. He was a dolphin who saved his family and people. He preformed many adorable things.

Born Free was my favorite movie where Else, the lions cubs were saved. They were so cut. The were raised by a loving family and set free. Loved the song too. Also it was a true story.

Lassie until they started changing to many Collies.

Dino on the Flinstones.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2013, 03:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2013, 03:36 AM by Tribie.)
Tribie Offline

Threads: 5
I'd say Krypto. Do you remember him at all? He was Superman's dog and he helped And saved Superman so many times. I also liked Boomer. He was sort of a mixed breed dog will help different people he met along this way. He had a TV show from 1980 to 1982. There is also this other dog. He was a St. Bernard but I can't seem to recall his name at all! Of course I like Lassie too but did you know that there were several Lassies? They all looked alike and acted as doubles when the real one was "tired".
09-21-2013, 05:24 AM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
I used to like Garfield, but there was an episode where Odie gets thrown in the pound, and Garfield was a total jerk and acted like he could care less. I got really bent out of shape over that episode, especially when Odie is getting dragged away and Garlield is half-heartedly like "goodbye old friend" then just shrugs him off. I literally stopped reading the comic and watching the specials after that happened.

I'm also a sucker for the spider and the pig in Charlottes Web. I cry my eyes out every time I see that. The remake from a few years ago was really good too.
01-16-2014, 09:03 AM,
Audsauce Offline

If we're counting animated animal heros too, mine would have to be Feivel from An American Tail and the sequel, Feivel Goes West. Even though they were animated, they dealt with some pretty serious issues, like racism and police states. I remember identifying strongly with Feivel, because he was tiny and his living situations were percarious.

As a young child, my parents were pretty nuts, and I was in and out of different living situations regularly. It was hard for me to identify strongly with the other children at school, because their lives were so different than mine. They had so much stability: two loving parents, permanent bedrooms, not living in womens' shelters. We just didn't have much in common.

The fact that he was a mouse (and a really tiny one, at that) really spoke to me too. As a kid, you don't have much power over what happens to you. It can feel a lot like being near the bottom of the food chain, just like a mouse.

But Feivel made me feel normal. Because the story dealt with a transient population that was desperate but hopeful, I felt like I could connect. Its funny, I never really thought about how much I identified with those movies as a kid, but I really did.
01-16-2014, 05:14 PM,
nomibucha Offline

Threads: 1
Bald Eagle

Tattoo on arm for my grandpa.

Good luck!!
07-27-2014, 08:16 AM,
jennataylor64 Offline

Threads: 0
this isn't a real animal but valcor the luck dragon from neverending story was always my hero lol. i used to shout up to the sky "VAAAAALCOR!" and wish that he would swoop down and take me to fantasia lol
08-03-2014, 03:03 AM,
JudyCap Offline

(02-24-2012, 11:34 PM)bw Wrote: For me it was Lassie and Rin Tin Tin. Of course there were also the horses, Fury and Flicka.

You took my childhood pet hero's right out of my typing fingers. I loved all of them, Lassie, Rin Tin Tin, Fury , Flicka.

I do not know if now on TV if there are any new pet hero's or not. I watch TV but most the time I have it on for the noise more than anything I think. I will listen to the News and some of the Judge Shows. Then of course there are back to back Criminal Mind episodes. I have Dish satelite, and there is a channel or two on there I will tune into daily. I do not have any kids around, so I don't know what they watch. I just know they missed out with the good shows like mentioned above. Heart
08-05-2014, 08:32 PM,
sweetjelatin@yahoo.com Offline
Registered

Threads: 0
Beethoven it is. He has all the qualities a dog owner could ever ask for! Humor, cuteness, loving nature and a protector! He's just a big-eater!
08-17-2014, 03:23 AM,
evelynmcgregor Offline

Threads: 7
Mighty Mouse!! I can still hear the theme song from this cartoon in my head. Here I come to save the day! That means that Might Mouse is on the way!! I remember sitting in front of the tv many a Saturday morning watching this little flying mouse with his cape saving some other little creature from the villian!
08-17-2014, 08:39 AM,
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I loved watching Lassie save the day, and rescue poor little Timmy from his latest perl each episode. Collies were the most popular dog back in the early fifties, and they were certainly my favorite dog, too.
Our family dog was a huge collie mix named Bonzo. He was the darker colored collie, mixes of browns and black, and then some almost cream colored hair on his legs. I was an only child, so Bonzo was also my closest friend, and he didn't even seem to mind when I gave my Suzanna doll rides on his back.
I was also horse crazy, and Trigger was my favorite horse ! He always understood just what Roy wanted him to do, and managed to save Roy or someone at least once in the show every time. Or he would also help trap the bad guy, Trigger was usually pretty good at that because none of the bad guys thought they had to worry about being caught by a horse ! !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any Animal In The World As A Pet 4sweed 20 7,241 06-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Last Post: maxen57
  Eating with your animal Laura 28 10,638 06-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Last Post: maryannballeras
  Carnivore or herbivore? Which animal make better pets? Ram 4 4,807 05-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Last Post: maxen57
  Do you give to animal charities? Pocs 25 9,988 09-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Last Post: Danyel72
  Cooking for your animal? Laura 11 5,471 03-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Do You Have an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) pftsusan 7 6,725 01-17-2014, 05:09 PM
Last Post: nomibucha
  Witnessing an animal's death Mantis 27 12,845 01-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Last Post: nomibucha
  A Letter from a Gas Chamber Man in an Animal Shelter MythsDreams 1 3,386 01-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Last Post: Ram
  Homeless Animal Day + raising shelter money Jessi 2 3,049 09-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Last Post: footballtim
  Is your pet a service animal? Tasha 2 2,984 06-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Last Post: Tasha
  Genetic engineered pets or animal in general Ram 7 5,196 04-30-2012, 01:47 AM
Last Post: Fishbone