LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do I just Have a Hyper Breed?
04-29-2015, 01:40 AM,
dashboardc33 Offline

Threads: 10
Do I just Have a Hyper Breed?
I own a golden doodle who is almost six years old. I would have thought by now she would have settled down a little bit, but that is not the case. She is extremely hyper and jumps on everyone she sees, has outrageous happy tail (this was actually a problem a few years ago where she split her tail open from her happy tail), and is just rambunctious. I have taken her to puppy obedience classes, tried multiple collars with her and nothing will get her to just be calm. I constantly buy her bones, take her for walks and take her to the dog park to run around. During the winter I will run her on the lake where she chases a snowmobile. She will run a good 7 miles and she still will not be tired. I'm telling you, this dog is like the energizer bunny that never stops. Any tips to help me with my crazy dog or did I just luck out with a hyper breed?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2016, 06:26 AM,
thash1979 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Do I just Have a Hyper Breed?
Recently my hubby talked me into get a Belgian Malinois puppy. I have never even heard about this breed until the movie Max came out recently. We get this dog flown in from Florida after paying $2000 for him. I thought he was just a hyper dog because he was a puppy. He is now 6 months old, and seems to be worse than what he was when he was 8 weeks. Does anyone have any experience with this breed? I feel like he needs to be worked 12 hours a day. We knew he was going to be a work dog or K-9 dog, but his drive is completely insane.
05-11-2016, 08:46 AM,
Corzhens Offline

Threads: 50
It seems like I'm reading a post about Pipoy, our hyperactive pug. He is turning 4 this month of May and still in a cage unlike our 2 other dogs who are just out and feeling free inside our living room. Our problem with Pipoy is his over active body that may cause him to suffer a heart attack. He would run around the living room and play with himself until he would be gasping for breath due to exhaustion. But despite being exhausted, he would still be moving around with full of energy. In short, his hyperactive character is posing a risk to his well-being. That's the reason why we put him inside a cage.
05-15-2016, 10:15 AM,
maxen57 Offline

Threads: 15
Daily exercise! They're probably bored and in need of a good outlet. No matter what breed, if they seem a little bit hyper than most dogs you've come across with, giving a dose of exercise to your dog will be a good spend of energy for it. The good thing about this too is that you will also have to get your butt off the couch to play with your pooch in the yard or at the park. I've seen on Cesar Milan's TV show once that dogs prefer running to walking so if you're a runner or if you rollerblade, that would be a good option for your dog. If not both, you can start now by jogging along side of your pet.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dog breed choice? we love the coonhound and saluki CacciatJocund 4 2,697 05-31-2022, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Busbyx
  Favorite breed? janineaa 10 4,646 05-20-2016, 12:58 PM
Last Post: maxen57
  What is your favorite breed of dog? Francy 32 9,961 02-01-2016, 06:16 AM
Last Post: thash1979
  American Indian Dog, an ancient breed. Happyflowerlady 2 2,291 05-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Happyflowerlady
  Which is your favourite breed of dog? Miranda Boldari 5 6,020 12-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Last Post: tierapatt50
  Breed Specific Legislation haopee 2 2,325 07-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Last Post: haopee