LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do your dogs sleep in your bed with you?
06-08-2013, 11:17 AM,
PMom Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Do your dogs sleep in your bed with you?
Yes, we have three fairly small dogs, under 20 pounds, and they all sleep with us. My scruffy little Romeo sleeps with my son, while the rat terrier and the Chihuahua/terrier mix, Lily and Picasso sleep with me.

Now what was rough was when my daughter stayed with me and she was out of town, because her two dogs, a large Chihuahua and a miniature pinscher also slept with me. I only have a full size bed, so with four or sometimes five little dogs, that was a bit much -- especially when they'd growl at each other.

They all sleep under the covers except for Romeo. He has more fur than the other dogs, so that might be a factor.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 07:24 PM,
Crazzyy_ Offline

Threads: 1
I've only ever had one dog at a time so I wonder how it felt to have more than one. He however was quite obedient and yes would come and sleep on the bed with me, he would become very lifeless and it would be pretty fun to play with him until he started to itch and roll around. I found the company very enjoyable and cute, he would wake up earlier than me and was a good snuggle buddy! The fact that he slept with me was very surprising but then again as a pup, you could make him fall asleep just by slowly closing your eyes in front of him!

-Paul
06-11-2013, 05:23 AM,
shae152 Offline

Threads: 0
I do not let my dog sleep in the bed with me, thats what doggy beds are for. I hate having loose hair floating around thats like one of my biggest pet peeves. I would completely freak out if i seen some dog hair in my bed, i love my dog but he has to stay in his bed. Thats why i invest so much into his bed because i know he have to sleep there, theres no other alternative. Smile
06-13-2013, 06:58 AM,
Andrea Offline
Registered

My dogs do not sleep in bed with me. However, they do sleep in my room with me, in a crate where they can see me. I want my dogs to be able to behave for other people when I am not around and not have to expect them to put my dogs in bed with them. It is easier that way too. I did have a dog that slept with me at one point and she woke up at every move I made and acted like she was dying when she wasn't in bed with me. Constantly barking and scratching at the door. Then, no one in the house got sleep so I just decided it would be easier to crate train the next ones I got.
06-18-2013, 08:13 PM,
nafretiti Offline

Peanut sleeps in the bed with me,then again she is a spoiled little chihuahua. I don't mind her sleeping there because she brings me comfort,sad thing is I can not sleep without her as it just feels empty without her in my bed. My dog has me hooked around her little paw,she also likes to crawl up under the covers and she is just like someone else's dog they mentioned,if I don't lift up the covers for her to crawl up under she will sit there wagging her tail and whining until I move the covers so she can crawl under,she will then proceed to snuggle up along my side so I can hold her in close.
08-05-2013, 02:23 PM,
mscuban Offline

When we first moved into this apartment, yes, she was sleeping with us. I started having problems have a good night rest so I dumped her to the floor. The first night she kept on bumping the bed before she finally gave up and went to her own. Recently, I've wanted her company so I have been letting her and to my surprise I am able to sleep restfully. If I fall asleep on the sofa she just has to climb up all over me to be with.
08-06-2013, 08:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-06-2013, 08:29 AM by shopgirl.)
shopgirl Offline

Threads: 11
Both our Yorkies sleep in the bed with us! They are wonderful cuddlers! Prissy usually sleeps right between me and my hubby. She sometimes shares a little corner of my pillow to rest her head on ;-) Peanut likes his own personal space so he usually sleeps at our feet or he sometimes will sleep right behind my knees when I sleep on my side. He likes to get under the covers sometimes and that scares me because I am paranoid he is going to suffocate or get rolled on.

I remember when my husband first brought Peanut home. He was our first Yorkie. My husband was very stern and made it very clear that a dog would NEVER sleep in his bed. The first night we attempted to keep Peanut in the laundry room in a crate. He was just a little puppy...a baby :-( Him was scared. He cried and whimpered and I just couldn't stand it so I gave my hubby my puppy dog eyes and he finally gave in. He repeatedly said that it was just a one time thing, after tonight THAT'S IT...NO MORE. He is NOT sleeping with us! After that first night over 3 years ago, Peanut has never slept in a crate at night again ;-) By looking at this picture now, one would have never suspected how "tough" my hubby was on the subject of Peanut absolutely not sleeping with us! [Image: 5zz8.th.jpg]

[Image: iqod.th.jpg]

This is a pic of my baby girl Prissy sound asleep on my Hubby's pillow! :-)
08-07-2013, 02:07 AM,
midnightrider Offline

I let one of my dogs share the bed with me. Its simple really they both know they may ask to come up on the bed (either by whining or resting a paw against the side) but I usually only let one up, the other must stay on the other doggy bed on the floor. I know it sounds sort of odd but the system works. Basically neither of then wants to be on the bed every night and sometimes neither of them ask to get up and they happily share the dog bed. My mini schnauzer spends most nights in the bed (which is great because he doesn't shed and is the perfect teddy bear size) and the pitt bull sleeps in the dog bed. In the Morning the schnauzer usually trots off to the living room to sleep on the couch by himself (he has very peculiar routines) and the pitt bull jumps into bed with me for some morning snuggles. Everybody's happy, and I still have room in my bed Wink
I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.
Charles Darwin
08-15-2013, 07:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013, 07:31 AM by mommy42.)
mommy42 Offline

Threads: 2
We have a mini schnauzer and he nevers sleeps with us. I think my husband would have been ok with it but I wouldn't want to share my bed with a dog. Smile I'm weird about dog hair - even though he barely sheds (which is why we got him).

I also didn't want him to develop the habit of needing to sleep with us! He actually likes to sleep in his dog kennel and will often put himself to bed! Lol

Now, the one exception is 4th of July - we will let him sleep with the kids because he gets so scared!!! Sad
08-15-2013, 12:39 PM,
Silverwolve Offline

I can not for the life of me sleep without hugging something. My dog is perfect, he is about 35lbs and loves to cuddle while he sleeps. I normally go to bed and he follows me and curls up next to me. He loves to sleep belly up just like I do, so I always wonder what we both look like asleep. The only downside to sharing a queen sized bed with a 35lb dog is he seems to think the bed is all his. When he beats me to the bed first, he likes to sleep diagonally instead of taking his side of the bed. This medium sized dog attempts to take the most space he can while I try to deal with the small corner he gave me. Maybe I'm not doing this right.
08-16-2013, 05:09 AM,
intothebleach Offline

Threads: 5
My two will jump on the bed once my partner has gone to work, or if I am on my own when he is working on nights. Carling likes to have a cuddle until I fall asleep then he will sleep on the floor at the bottom of the bed as if on guard. Guinness, however, is a different dog. She likes cuddles and kisses and will sleep with her head on the pillow. I know alot of people will go that is dirty, but to be honest, so can some humans!
08-16-2013, 05:18 AM,
apickett80 Offline

Threads: 4
Our Brogan doesn't sleep with us at night because my husband and I are both kind of bulky and we don't have a very big bed. LOL So it would be uncomfortable for us all. When we first got him he slept in bed with us for the first few weeks. He slept right by our heads and I would get up every 2 hours to let him out to use the potty. Then I slowly introduced him to his crate and eventually he got used to it so we started putting him in there to sleep.

He will lay with me in bed during the day when I watch TV and I usually end up getting sleepy so I will take a nap and he cuddles up to my back under the covers. It's so sweet! He also sleeps behind me in the chair..so I have to scoot to nearly the edge of the chair when he takes his naps. Makes my butt pretty numb. Smile
08-18-2013, 06:47 PM,
cg303 Offline

I have to admit I use to let my dog sleep with us when he was a puppy. When he started to get bigger it was at the foot of the bed only. After awhile he became smelly and I didn't want my sheets stinking the bed up so it became hard for him not sleeping on the bed. Eventually he got used to it gave him a old blanket and he would lay right next to my bed or in the hallway between the children's room. Now I sleep worry free with no more dog hair. But when I am not looking or leave for work. I would know he has been on my bed by all the dark dog hairs.
08-20-2013, 01:33 PM,
nonsiccus Offline

From time to time.

I'll let her sleep in my bed every so often as a "treat" if she has been behaving well. I'll also send her in to bed with me if it's particularly cold out as I don't usually keep the heat on too high. I want to make sure she is comfortable and not too cold on the ground. She seems to like it and is almost a little jealous on the occasions that the girlfriend stays over, forcing her (the dog, not the gf!) to sleep on the floor.
08-29-2013, 03:36 AM,
ohiotom76 Offline

Threads: 5
Two of my dogs would sleep in bed with us, our coonhound and our terrier. The third one we had at the time, although she was the smallest of the three, would sleep on her own little bed on the floor. There just wasn't enough room for all three of them in our bed, no matter how cute it was. Besides, we had the other two first for a few years before we got our beagle, so they already had claimed that territory, lol.

Our cats nowadays don't like to sleep in our beds with us at all. They will sleep on the beds if nobody is in them though. Otherwise, they don't like to get knocked around from the tossing and turning.
08-30-2013, 11:22 PM,
MariaPamela Offline

I have a one and a half year old Shar Pei named Charlie. She used to sleep in my bed however when she started teething I had to make her stop getting in bed with me because she was chewing up all my pillows and my blankets! She sleeps on the couch now and I do miss her sleeping beside me, but whenever I let her on the bed, she'll chew and chew and she can't keep still. She gets really excited and starts jumping around and even bites my hair and pulls on it. Sometimes she steps on my face and sits on my face. I really have no idea how to put a stop to all that. Maybe I should just let her until she gets used to it again so she won't get too excited anymore?
12-06-2013, 01:51 AM,
dickybird Offline

I know it's not very hygienic but our dog does love to sleep in our bed. My one rule is that is sleeps on top of the covers. Dino will put his head on the end of the bed for an invitation to come up, and as soon as I see that face I can't resist!! Dino is quite devious sometimes he will wait until we are already asleep and then jump up, unfortunately we only have a double bed, with me and my partner it doesn't leave much room for our collie. I do often wake up and Dino has managed to lay in the middle of us with his head on my neck, he is so cheeky.
12-07-2013, 08:12 AM,
tierapatt50 Offline

I have a shitzu puppy and she did sleep in the bed with me and my boyfriend but she is on punishment because she has peed in the bed while we were sleeping so she is banned for a week or so. When I was a child a had another shitzu (I know I am a shitzu lover) and he used to sleep in the bed with me every night, so I have no problem with my animals sleeping with me as long as they are not in need of a serious bath.
01-16-2014, 05:55 PM,
MformantSecor Offline

I own two miniature dachshunds and sometimes we would let them come in the house when the weather would be severe. However, I took in one of the dachshunds, Daisy, from a friend and she was used to being an indoor dog. We would keep them in our utility room, but she would whine and scratch the door all through the night. To solve this problem, I would sometimes sleep on the floor with her and my other dog, Little Ann. Little Ann didn't like being under the covers because she is a long-furred dachshund, but Daisy is short-furred and liked to sleep under the covers.

The only problem with this is that she would like jump on top of my legs while I was lying on my back, and would nestle herself between my legs for warmth. Unfortunately for her, I'm a side sleeper. I would try to lie on my back for as long as I could, but I would often wake up on my side. I have no idea how she dealt with the shift, and I worried a lot that I would hurt her. I just didn't know how to discourage her from doing it. Fortunately, sleeping with my dogs wasn't a current thing as my mother doesn't like the dogs in the house at all, period. :/
01-17-2014, 08:00 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014, 08:02 AM by PixieStixxx.)
PixieStixxx Offline

^_^ I have 3 dogs, and more than often they all sleep with me. They've done it since they were pups and it's not something I ever took issue with...even as they grew bigger. They love it and so do it, so I see no reason not to! Also, they crates or I call them dens...are in my room, so even if they don't sleep with me, they sleep near me.
02-25-2014, 04:31 PM,
paolapaguio Offline
Registered

Exclamation  RE: Do your dogs sleep in your bed with you?
I have a Maltese dog and her name is Keisha. Keisha is almost 7 years old and from the moment I got her when she was still a puppy up until now, she sleeps beside me on my bed. She is the sweetest, most caring dog in the world! And by caring I mean, she hates it when someone goes inside my room therefore, she barks at them. Yes, she may be noisy, but Maltese dogs are known to be guard dogs. Every morning, I wake up with a huge fur ball on my face, but I cannot complain. Waking up beside my beloved "daughter" and best friend is one of the most wonderful feelings in the world!
03-04-2014, 04:23 AM,
janineaa Offline

I have a Shi Tzu, named Chase. He's 6 years old, so he isn't as hyper as when he was much younger. I live in a tropical country, so it gets very hot on some days. Unforrunately, my Chase does not sleep with me on my bed because he prefers the tiled floors in the kitchen. It's much cooler there, and with his thick fur, I'm sure he feels more at ease in the cold.
03-13-2014, 05:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-13-2014, 05:30 AM by Youtuber1320.)
Youtuber1320 Offline
Registered

Sadly, no. My dog is a long haired husky, so if he would be in the bed with me there would be hair everywhere! Once or twice when I'm having a bad day I let him up on the bed but there is always a doggy pad under him.
03-19-2014, 05:38 PM,
kindredsoul Offline

Threads: 4
I have five dogs, one child, and a full size bed. No, my dogs do not sleep in the bed with me. But that doesn't mean that they haven't tried to jump in the bed in the past. Instead I had them sleep on the floor on blankets, but the problem is that one of them kept peeing on the floor because her schedule is different from mine. (I am a night owl, and she is a morning lark.) I got sick and tired of going to bed at four and smelling pee at five. I tried to get her to pee outside, but she didn't have to go at four. I couldn't let her sleep outside alone, so now four sleep in the bathroom and one sleeps in the living room. The one in the living room is 100% potty-trained.
03-22-2014, 01:54 AM,
antoinebugleboy Offline

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. My wife and I love how snuggly our dog is, but she's a big of a bed hog! (The dog, not the- Well, ok, the wife, too.) Ripley (our pit bull mix) has to get right between both of us, and will not accept no for an answer.

Thankfully, she does sleep through the night, and does bother us when we let her sleep with us.

Unthankfully, she makes the bed smell. In fact, pretty much the whole room. I don't know what it is about her, but she'll get that dog smell, and strong, too, a day after we bathe her. But the snuggling is sometimes worth it. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you give your dogs human food? remnant 8 3,451 07-06-2022, 05:26 PM
Last Post: an_an_an77
  Where does your dog sleep? cecejailer 10 4,189 06-22-2021, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Thor
  Feeding Bones to Dogs chevonmickle21 13 5,992 03-28-2021, 06:07 AM
Last Post: aspencommonsvets
  How do you give pills to your dogs? remnant 15 4,999 02-19-2021, 08:51 PM
Last Post: HemmyngsKylee