Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ferrets on steroids sold as poodles
04-09-2013, 07:14 AM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Thumbs Down  Ferrets on steroids sold as poodles
A man bought a pair of poodles discovered they are in fact ferrets on steroids! Icon_eek

[Image: poodle-ferret-lg.jpg]

Another woman who had purchased a "chihuahua" from the same market also discovered it is a fake.

It is said these ferrets were given steroids since birth to increase their sizes, and they were given a gloom to resemble whatever they want to be. Icon_eek

Why all the trouble to create "fake" pets? It sounds easier just to breed the real thing.

Source news here.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 08:36 AM,
Buffy Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Ferrets on steroids sold as poodles
LOL you beat me to it....I just saw this on TV and couldn't believe it! Not even close! Now that takes the cake. Does anyone here think the ferret looks like a poodle?
Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 01:02 PM,
4sweed Offline

Threads: 64
This is very interesting. sorry the ferret does not look like a poodle, but maybe the folks who bought these animals had never seen a poodle before and did not have a clue. They are cute, but to do that to an animal is animal abuse. Steroids are bad for anyone when used for purposes other than what is intended. Actually if I had to pick a dog it might look like in the face, it might pass for a terrier. But even that is stretching beyond anything one could imagine.
04-09-2013, 10:43 PM,
Rube Offline

Threads: 10
That is a terrible thing to do to a ferret, but I also think anyone buying one of those must be a fool. First of all they are not buying a pedigree puppy from a registered breeder. Secondly it should have been obvious that the pink-nosed pink-eyed creature is not a dog. I am wondering if this news was published on April Fools Day.
04-10-2013, 02:29 AM,
Thor Offline
Administrator

Threads: 111
There was another news a while ago about a giant rat was sold as a chihuahua. It killed and ate the owner's cat. Not sure if it was real. How can you miss the hairless tail and rodent teeth?

With all the differences we can clearly see in these different species, there are always people falling for it.
04-10-2013, 05:51 AM,
scotty Offline

Threads: 11
Oh my lord! What the heck? What is the world coming too! I cannot believe someone would even have the mindset to try this, let alone sell them. Those poor animals.
04-27-2013, 03:14 PM,
glitteringfuzz Offline

Threads: 4
Is this real? It's hilarious! I can't help but just laugh at this sort of thing. If it is real, I feel awful for the poor ferrets... It's just so unbelievable, like something you'd see in the tabloids! And I agree with a previous poster who said this seems much more complicated than just breeding the real thing, so it makes no sense why someone would do it.
04-27-2013, 06:53 PM,
GavinMcresty Offline

Threads: 0
All I can think of is the ferret. It is going to have huge health problems because of the drugs it has been given. Sadly, I am not surprised that someone has done something like this. I have heard of pigs being deliberately underfed simply so that they have a particular appearance to buyers. I think the sellers were trying to make them appear small and cute or something along those lines. Of course, the pigs end up with serious health problems and a much shorter lifetime because of the underfeeding. Some of the breeders even deny that they are underfeeding the pigs! This is the problem when money starts getting involved: people are inevitably going to do anything they can to make more even if it means hurting someone else. I imagine someone obtained some ferrets cheaply and decided it would be more profitable to sell them as dogs rather than as ferrets. It is a real shame that someone would put money and financial considerations above the welfare of a living animal. However, given that people would probably take such an approach with other people if they could, it is hardly surprising that they would do so with an animal.
07-24-2013, 03:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-24-2013, 04:00 PM by Happyflowerlady.)
Happyflowerlady Offline

Threads: 104
I am pretty sure that this is real. It IS ridiculous to those of us who actually know what a Poodle dog is supposed to look like, but apparently these fakes are sold to people that have no idea what a real dog is like. I read about this in the news a while back, and they showed the same kind of pictures of the clipped up ferret.

This is not the first time something like this has happened. About a year or so ago, there were people in Japan selling little lambs that had been clipped to look like Poodles, and people there were spending hundreds of dollars to buy one, thinking it was actually a dog.
They were given a bag of dog food, but of course, the lambs would not eat that, so they ended up going to the vet to see why their "puppy" wasn't eating, and found out they had bought a baby sheep !
Some of them actually noticed that their Poodle had hooves instead of paws, but they still thought it was a dog.

It is strange the things that people will believe , and sad that they thought they were going to have a loving puppy, and then found out they had a totally different animal, with totally different requirements.
09-08-2013, 01:58 AM,
Eudora13 Offline

Threads: 3
My first reaction to this was an enraged WT*?

I don't understand. How can anyone who's seen a dog before (and who hasn't seen a dog!) mistake a puffed up ferret for a poodle?! How ridiculous is that?!

And what inhuman man would have such an awful brainwave to put birds on steroids? He should be sued and jailed for this. It's disgusting to see the lengths at which people will go to make money. I can't stand it when people treat animals this way. These creatures can't tell about their pain and so we think we can treat them the way we want. I believe if they could talk, God would speak through them to curse such beasts of men! This is infuriating! I'd love to see someone put that (inserting words here that I cannot type) on steroids, turn him into a cow and feed him fodder.

Please tell me this man was arrested. I don't know him but I'm heaping abuses on him right now.