LoginRegister

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hamster Died
06-02-2012, 10:39 PM,
TronXD Offline

Threads: 2
Hamster Died
Well my hamster (which I called Shemus) died three days ago. It was sad when this happened because I always enjoyed talking to it during the night and now I feel lonely in my room at night Sad

The hamster lasted two years which is really good for a hamster. It was well fed and had water to drink all the time so it was really sad to know when it died.

I have buried it now in my back garden and am thinking about getting another but not sure if I should get a different type of pet?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 10:46 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Hamster Died
I am sorry to hear that.
Do you have a photo of your hamster?

I have never owned a hamster myself, so I am not sure what types there are available. Just pick one you like. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 10:51 PM,
TronXD Offline

No I never actually took a picture of it. Which I should of done I suppose. Might go with a different type of pet in the future though.
06-02-2012, 11:10 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
Not a single photo in two years? Sad
Should have taken at least a few photos for the memory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM,
Fishbone Offline

Threads: 28
I'm sorry to hear that. It's always hard to loose a pet Sad I have a hard time admitting this, but I actually have a hamster. (well, my youngest girl has a hamster, so, ergo, I have a hamster.) He actually is a cute little bugger.
06-04-2012, 05:26 AM,
TronXD Offline

I know. I shake my head myself about having no pictures. I have pictures of my dog and cat though which I will post up one day soon.
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM,
tajnz Offline

Hi there, sorry about Shemus. I agree with the previous posters it's always hard losing a loved one human or animal. My childhood dogs passed away a few years ago and I still miss them.

On a positive not it sounds like you gave Shemus a great life and that he was happy. Try to remember the good memories you have of him.

Whether you get another type of pet is up to you. I know some people prefer choosing a different type of pet after theirs passes away. While others want the same type of pet as they were so happy with their old one. If you are considering a different choice perhaps consider getting a rat. They are highly intelligent, loyal and can even be trained to do certain tricks. I know lots of people whose rat sits on their shoulder while they watch their favorite tv program.
06-07-2012, 01:17 AM,
Rphoenix Offline

I'm so sorry for your loss, my friend Sad. I myself and highly emotionally attached to my pets. I treat them as friends, after all, not as mere pets. So losing one feels like actually losing a friend Sad.
06-25-2012, 03:46 AM,
Dani72 Offline

So sorry to hear about Shemus. It's really horrible when you lose a pet that you've loved.

I agree with tajnz that rats make excellent pets. They are very intelligent and easy to train.They also love company and make good companions. It may be easier for you to have a different type of animal so that you don't feel you are replacing Shemus.
07-01-2012, 04:23 AM,
louise1341 Offline

Threads: 1
I'm sorry to hear of you hamsters death. It's always difficult to loose them but you can at least take comfort in the fact that he had a great life with you. Sadly I lost both my hamsters a few months ago on the same day! It was a real shock and to be honest I think I was to blame. I had been ill with a chest infection and had avoided them (my husband cared for them) but I think they caught the virus off me somehow. The worst thing was telling my son who was really upset.

Did you decide to buy another hamster or are you still thinking about it?
07-03-2012, 04:09 AM,
laurasav Offline

Threads: 28
I'm sorry to hear of your loss of Shemus. It is sad to lose our little pets! I grew up with hamsters and gerbils in the house. My brother always had them. They are cute and can be affectionate. I agree with the other posters who mentioned getting a rat, as they are known to be very smart and trainable. My cousin had one and they were best buddies! Or you could try a guinea pig, perhaps. Or even a rabbit. My brother also had lots of pet rabbits when he got older. Another friend of mine had a pet rabbit that followed her everywhere. She really loved that bunny a lot, like a child!

louise, I'm so sorry you just lost your hamsters too! So sad!