Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from Canada!
12-30-2012, 01:50 PM,
FlanneryCam Offline

Threads: 4
Hi from Canada!
Hi all,

I go by FlanneryCam here on the forums. It's a pen name I use for some of my writing in the fiction world and I thought it would be fun to use it here too.

I have two animals: one cat named Frank and a dog named Nix. Both are 1.5 years old. Both are animals I adopted from the humane society in the USA where I go to school.

I also foster for another humane society in my area. So far, I've been fostering for a little over a year. I've helped 10 dogs find new forever homes!

I love animals and I love to share advice about animals. Hit me up if you think I can help you with your problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012, 02:45 PM,
Ram Offline
VIP Member

Threads: 247
RE: Hi from Canada!
Hello Flannery, welcome to be with us.

I also know a few people work as volunteers in the local animal shelter. Most of the animals there eventually find a permanent home. Not all animals there are being abandoned though. Some were just found wondering around on the streets. They might be just lost their way home, and since nobody know who they belong to, they are sent to the shelter.

Is your cat getting along with your dog?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2013, 02:39 AM,
FlanneryCam Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Hi from Canada!
The cat and the dog are in love. They wrestle and play with each other all day long. I mean, I've got the dog on the dining room table (and he's 70 pounds) because the cat was up there teasing him. They are good buds and for that I'm grateful.

And the cat gets along with all of my foster dogs. He especially love the puppies. To him, they're like other cat sized things to play with. He'll pounce on them and they'll chase him. Good socialization for the puppies. We've only had one foster dog that didn't like the cat: a border collie with a crazy crazy herding instinct. She never left my poor cat alone.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Canada!! hollyleann 2 1,894 08-07-2013, 05:43 PM
Last Post: PamelaMcNutt